High Ball

JAC at this stage imo is still not an NRL player.

Rankin is not a winger I admit that but he didn’t do too much wrong and he is the back up kicker.

You drop Rankin and put in JAC and we have Koro all over again. You would stop the bomb scenario but you would then have every team running their plays to that side side of the field. Will he score more tries than he lets in - don’t think so.

He will, by the look of it, become the NRL winger but what is the rush, let him learn to defend and read the play properly first.

It is ok to let your opposing winger run around him and chase him down with your speed and tackle from behind but what are you going to do if this happens 40 or less metres from your own line?

Yeah you could but you lose experience and we will already have at least two changes to a winning team. I would give rankin another crack. Addo Carr not ready yet from what I have seen, makes too many errors and was nervous at the nine’s. Give him a few more games to build confidence and lose the nerves. This will come once he is confident he is fully prepared for first grade.

Have you actually watched Addo Carr play because it would appear not? Rankin is no better a defender on the wing than he is and then we’d have the fastest guy in the NRL on the left wing. He’d save tries in cover defence and score tries nobody else could score, and Rankin’s strengths are negligible.

Russell we seem to have similar opinions on most things…have you noticed…maybe we are related?

Lol we were having the same conversations about Koroibete that we are now about Addo-Carr… what will happen is he will continue to kill it in state cup then another team will sign him to play first grade and he will kill it there… but yeah lets just stick with the short, slow untalented wingers who try hard.

@Tygr:

Lol we were having the same conversations about Koroibete that we are now about Addo-Carr… what will happen is he will continue to kill it in state cup then another team will sign him to play first grade and he will kill it there… but yeah lets just stick with the short, slow untalented wingers who try hard.

Let’s hope that this doesn’t happen again.

3/4 wingers yesterday dropped the pill on 1 or 2 occasions….however I’m not so much sold on Rankin either, he was shown up with his speed a few times and the way he carries the ball back. Think he should be used as backupbin the halves.

@larrycorowa:

Russell we seem to have similar opinions on most things…have you noticed…maybe we are related?

I have Larry - somewhere along the line we may have a common relo - never know.

Just about always agree with most of your thoughts - probably because they are similar to mine.

Maybe the common denominator is common sense LOL.

the reason to pick a player like rankin over JAC would be because rankin might give us more stability, honest worker type player (like nightingale) but he has mistakes in him too. we could persevere with him but if we have to wait for a player to come good, might as well be JAC due to the X factor.

however, JT has made a decision to go for rankin first and he probably deserves more than one game for any of us to make a quick decision. don’t forget hunt who’s injured too.

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme

Can’t log in or access your account?
Send an email to contact@weststigersforum.com and we’ll get you back online.