Lucas 'Big Daddy' Browne

Great to see Lucas become the first ever Australian to become Heavyweight Champion of the World.
Go Big Daddy!

Yeah crazy good. I tuned into the fight right before the tenth round and saw it live. Was awesome.

Time keeping was very dodgy. Well done Big Daddy. To me he looks a class below Tyson Fury but he can hit. Really took his advantage well at the end. Crowd turned pretty nasty afterwards based on the tv coverage.

Was it on Fox normal channels or pay-per-view?
Great effort from Lucas,well done. He seems like a nice bloke to go with it-that is becoming rarer and rarer in sport these days.
Its a shame boxing is a bit of a joke these days because at its best it is brilliant to watch.

Great win for Browne very happy to hear about this result.

Is it a decent belt or a mickey mouse one?

@formerguest:

Is it a decent belt or a mickey mouse one?

Co owner of the WBA. Decent belt LOL.
Very impressive effort from the big man.

It’s a Mickey Mouse belt for a decent organisation. Tyson Fury is the WBA “super champion” and Browne their champion. It’s bad enough having different organisations having different belts without the same body having two champions…

It’s strange how they have done it but I don’t class this a mickey mouse belt at all. He is now the regular WBA heavyweight world champion. He is maybe only 2 fights away from a shot at Fury.

Great to see Auburn boy Big Daddy win the belt. Ive seen him a few times now and this was his best performance. His attributes are toughness, a good right hand and slow but constant pressure. He is not in the league of Deontay Wilder or Tyson Fury ( way too slow) but this is nevertheless a great result for Big Daddy

@stryker:

It’s strange how they have done it but I don’t class this a mickey mouse belt at all. He is now the regular WBA heavyweight world champion. He is maybe only 2 fights away from a shot at Fury.

Either your world champ or you’re not. It’s like calling Djokavic super Wimbledon champion and letting someone else be the “regular” champion.

Don’t get me wrong - it’s a fantastic achievement and still a belt worth living but I can’t call him the WBA world champion when they regard someone else on a higher ranked title.

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme

Can’t log in or access your account?
Send an email to contact@weststigersforum.com and we’ll get you back online.