Lucas 'Big Daddy' Browne

• Great to see Lucas become the first ever Australian to become Heavyweight Champion of the World.
    Go Big Daddy!

• Yeah crazy good. I tuned into the fight right before the tenth round and saw it live. Was awesome.

• Time keeping was very dodgy. Well done Big Daddy. To me he looks a class below Tyson Fury but he can hit. Really took his advantage well at the end. Crowd turned pretty nasty afterwards based on the tv coverage.

• Was it on Fox normal channels or pay-per-view?
    Great effort from Lucas,well done. He seems like a nice bloke to go with it-that is becoming rarer and rarer in sport these days.
    Its a shame boxing is a bit of a joke these days because at its best it is brilliant to watch.

• Great win for Browne very happy to hear about this result.

• Is it a decent belt or a mickey mouse one?

• Banned

@formerguest:

Is it a decent belt or a mickey mouse one?

Co owner of the WBA. Decent belt LOL.
    Very impressive effort from the big man.

• It’s a Mickey Mouse belt for a decent organisation. Tyson Fury is the WBA “super champion” and Browne their champion. It’s bad enough having different organisations having different belts without the same body having two champions…

• Banned

It’s strange how they have done it but I don’t class this a mickey mouse belt at all. He is now the regular WBA heavyweight world champion. He is maybe only 2 fights away from a shot at Fury.

• Great to see Auburn boy Big Daddy win the belt. Ive seen him a few times now and this was his best performance. His attributes are toughness, a good right hand and slow but constant pressure. He is not in the league of Deontay Wilder or Tyson Fury ( way too slow) but this is nevertheless a great result for Big Daddy

• @stryker:

It’s strange how they have done it but I don’t class this a mickey mouse belt at all. He is now the regular WBA heavyweight world champion. He is maybe only 2 fights away from a shot at Fury.

Either your world champ or you’re not. It’s like calling Djokavic super Wimbledon champion and letting someone else be the “regular” champion.

Don’t get me wrong - it’s a fantastic achievement and still a belt worth living but I can’t call him the WBA world champion when they regard someone else on a higher ranked title.

Recent Topics