The Warriors

• For mine they were their own worst enemy. Nothing new.

Robson was terrible on debut. Reminded me a bit of Matt Orford’s efforts when he played with the Raiders a few years back. 7 missed tackles and a million dropped balls and penalties.

Great to see Gavet back given all his troubles. Surprised to see he made the most metres out of their forwards. He’s still one of the rawest players in the league though.

Nathaniel Roache had a lot of hype but I didn’t realise he was even out there.

Their front-row didn’t bring it. They’re missing a strike player there. We got the best of them and other teams definitely will as well.

What’s everyone else’s thoughts on the Warriors??

• They look like a rabble with plenty of individual talent.

• ❓ nathanial roache, is that blockies lad?

• how many meters did gavet run for

• I thought they really started to pick up when Lisone and Matulino came on in the second half, as hard as Gavet tried he was a lone hand early on. That said, with an international spine of RTS, Johnson and Luke I’d think it’s growing pains more than anything. Surprised they sat Luke for so long, for them to go deep this year you’d think he needs to be out there most of the time.

• They are too top heavy. Spent all their cap on 3 or 4 players and have no depth.

• They were very ordinary for mine. So good reason not to get carried away.

• Banned

They were poor but still tore us to pieces in the second half comeback.
    Give them another month together and they’ll be very hard to beat.
    They’ll finish top 6.

• They don’t have it mentally, they never have. They need a Bennett or Bellamy and their puzzle will be complete.

• @stryker:

They were poor but still tore us to pieces in the second half comeback.
    Give them another month together and they’ll be very hard to beat.
    They’ll finish top 6.

2nd half I think that most their tries and metres either came of broken play (us dropping ball or throwing silly passes) or just giving Johnson to much room to move and letting him run around looking for gaps and tired defenders. Think if you stop Johnson, you stop the warriors

• They’ll come good.

• I too think they’ll come good, a spine that hasn’t played together before (at club level,) will take time to iron out the bugs. It was a good time for us to be drawn against them.

They’ll be top 4 IMO, they won’t win it but, they lack what it takes to go that last step.

• Watching Live, I didn’t take note how much ball the Warriors dropped in the 1st half. but recently I saw a 5min highlight video on the R1 game and their error rate in the first half was hopeless.

Recent Topics