The Captaincy - Woodsie or Farah or who???

• Banned

I would have preferred not to have to initiate this thread due to Woodsie being a top player and guy but…

I was told before the Warriors game that the captaincy was not important for strategy and game play as everything was decided by the coach via 15 assistants with walkie talkies - well apparently this is not apparently so. This came to a point in discussion here as to whether Moses should have taken the penalty kick for goal or attempt a try. He decided the try option that failed and was roasted here accordingly.

Comment was further made here that Woodsie had nothing to do with the decision. It does not appear to have been made by head office on the walkie talkie - Moses to his credit as play maker took it on himself. As he was the designated play maker he should have that responsibility. Otherwise they are defacto pawns on a chess board (when often they are smarter than the coach).

Another poster here stated that Woodsie should lose the captaincy as he did not interfere in deciding the penalty kick or try. Also Woodsie did not become involved when Moses was penalised for diving on the loose ball when played by Warriors. Moses could have been penalised for dissent whereas the captain can have a chat unpunished. I don’t think forwards are expected to know the rules in the finest detail or not usually relied upon to know.

I can’t think of an another senior player who could be captain so maybe it should be handed back to Farah on his return.

• I don’t think this is a case of handing the Captaincy back to Farah as we have moved on from there.
    Farah can do without the stupid questions the media will throw at him and JT at press conference’s if we hit a bad patch some time this year ( you know they would be itching to keep the controversy rolling).

Woods led from the front on Saturday and needs time to learn the ropes of being a Captain.

It did seem Moses quickly made the call the 2 times we had a penalty in front of the sticks which I thought the 2 points was what was required.

As for Farah being Captain? No……he will still have a voice out there being in the Leadership group.

• All sounds like a lot of hearsay to me.

This is a coach who will sort this problem out this week with his captain, playmaker and indeed the whole team if indeed there is a problem.

Change captain after one game - don’t think so.
    Not now we are moving forward.

Change back to Farah - No No No!
    Have seen Farah make the wrong the decisions as well - you were not calling for a new captain then.

• @foreveratiger:

I don’t think this is a case of handing the Captaincy back to Farah as we have moved on from there.
    Farah can do without the stupid questions the media will throw at him and JT at press conference’s if we hit a bad patch some time this year ( you know they would be itching to keep the controversy rolling).

Woods led from the front on Saturday and needs time to learn the ropes of being a Captain.

It did seem Moses quickly made the call the 2 times we had a penalty in front of the sticks which I thought the 2 points was what was required.

As for Farah being Captain? No……he will still have a voice out there being in the Leadership group.[/quote

+1. It’s this instability in some people on this forum which exacerbates the problems at the club. We won. Could the call have been made differently? Sure. Do we strip his captiancy after 1 effort? Please… It’s the same as changing the Blues lineup year on year because of 1 poor performance. Just give him more then 80 minutes. Lordy Lordy lord…

• JT did say in an interview on Grandstand that with Brooks out, all the pre game planning was for Moses to lead the attack, which he did well

• Woods has a more laid-back nature, so if he does become more assertive and commanding I think that would be a great example to teammates; it would enthuse this team and he may turn out to be a great captain.
    Yes, it was a dud call re the two points and Woods has now earned himself some extra scrutiny, so while I’m skeptical following the weekend I’m hopeful for him and looking forward to seeing how he goes in the coming weeks.

PS: that Moses penalty was pure Uncle Benny! Should have been allowed!

• ForumSupporter

Yeah…Nah

Farah relinquished the Captaincy so he could just play footy…he does not want the burden…

Woods rallied the troops fine in the last 10min Wests Tigers went on with the job and finished off the game…A type of game we would have lost more often than not in the past…Wests Tigers 2016 under Woods leadership…100%…good times…

• I am thinking a guy that can lead by example, one that seems to be able to inspire a positive team spirit like Woods can may be the better option than a captain that is sharp on telling guys what to do and when to do it.

• Hang on…

We won our first game and we’re questioning the captain in his first hit out as a full time skipper?

Can’t take the piss out of JT or Farah this week so Woodsy is the next target…

• This is a joke surely ! Yes the kick should of been taken … the coach will sought this out. Please Farah back as captain yes at another club!

• Woods, no doubt.

• “Comment was further made here that Woodsie had nothing to do with the decision.”

How do we know Woods had no input into the decision? When the first penalty was awarded Woods and Moses were standing next to each other. They may well have discussed it. It is a bit early to put the boots into Woods’ captaincy.

• Some people on here are a joke

• Cmon!
    Its was the first game of the season and we won.
    It was 1 bad decision when we were in front by 100!!!

Woods still got a few things to learn as captain,how bout we give him another chance,mmmm.

• You watching games this year Byron ?

Recent Topics