WESTS Tigers SC Team v Warriors Rd 2..

• ForumSupporter

Intrust Super Premiership Team Announcement: Round 2 vs. Warriors

Wests Tigers Media

Tue 8th March, 04:45PM

Wests Tigers Intrust Super Premiership Coach Paul Stringer has named his side to take on the New Zealand Warriors on Saturday, March 12 at Leichhardt Oval.

Following on from an impressive Round 1 win over the Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles on Saturday, Stringer has named a strong side to take on the Warriors this week, with Jack Buchanan, Jack Littlejohn and Michael Chee Kam all included in the team following their selection in last week’s NRL squad. New recruit Joel Edwards will also make his return from a hamstring injury sustained in the pre-season — coming off the interchange bench alongside rugby union convert Jesse Parahi, who played his first game last week.

Asipeli Fine will again captain the side as Wests Tigers look to continue their undefeated start when they kick off against the Warriors at 3:30pm AEDT at Leichhardt Oval.

See Wests Tigers Intrust Super Premiership side to take on the Warriors in Round 2 below!

Be there for our first game of the year at Leichhardt Oval when we take on the Sea Eagles! Click here to get your tickets!
    1. Watson Heleta
    2. Josh Addo-Carr
    3. Nathan Milone
    4. Michael Chee Kam
    5. Chance Peni
    6. Jack Littlejohn
    7. Josh Drinkwater
    8. Jack Buchanan
    9. Jacob Liddle
    10. Dallas Graham
    11. Tyler Cassel
    12. Asipeli Fine (capt.)
    13. Rod Griffin

Interchange:
    14. Jeremy Marshall-King
    15. Joel Edwards
    16. Lamar Liolevave
    17. Jesse Parahi
    18. Jackson Williams

Coach: Paul Stringer
    http://www.weststigers.com.au/content/tigers/club/news/2016/03/08/intrust_super_premie.html

• Is Madness still with us…long way down the list

• ForumSupporter

@Goose:

Is Madness still with us…long way down the list

Gone back to Qld Goose…

Glad they are playing Chee-Kam and Buchanan in this game…Riding the pine and 18th man duties can’t substitute for match fitness…says a lot about the strength of the back row in SC that Chee-Kam is named in the centres…

• That’s a very strong looking SC side. Good to see Liolevave holding his bench spot at least.

• Why wouldn’t have we played against the Warriors last week in SC and Manly this week? I know it’s not a big deal but just confusing what goes on in the heads of the people that run the game sometimes :crazy

• Good to see MCK is being looked at in the Centres.

Griffin at 13 will be interesting also. Might play the full 80?

• @Geo.:

@Goose:

Is Madness still with us…long way down the list

Gone back to Qld Goose…

Glad they are playing Chee-Kam and Buchanan in this game…Riding the pine and 18th man duties can’t substitute for match fitness…says a lot about the strength of the back row in SC that Chee-Kam is named in the centres…

All Geo’s fault Goose

Geo didn’t keep the faith with the Avatar and Billy lost the faith in our supporters ……

• @tigermac88:

Why wouldn’t have we played against the Warriors last week in SC and Manly this week? I know it’s not a big deal but just confusing what goes on in the heads of the people that run the game sometimes :crazy

It’s true. I know comp numbers vary and there’s home and away considerations but it seems common sense to swap them

• Anyone know how Parahi went last week? I note he is back to the bench this week. Appears Cassell, Fine & griffin are all ranked ahead of him

• @Harvey:

Anyone know how Parahi went last week? I note he is back to the bench this week. Appears Cassell, Fine & griffin are all ranked ahead of him

As I said in last week’s match thread, he was average. Probably only played about 25 mins then went off and maybe came back on at the end of the match. A couple of nice hits but not sure whether it was injury or what, but he didn’t get a lot of gametime considering it was his first league match in 10 years (or however long it was). Still a long way from first grade.

• on now - being broadcast on SteeleSports radio
    http://steelesports.com.au/

• Are state cup playing 8 interchanges too?

• Getting absolutely pumped. 38-6 Warriors w 15 left.

• That’s very disappointing particularly at home.

• 6-44

Recent Topics