Simona: "The fans did a great job"..

• ForumSupporter

Simona: “The fans did a great job”

Dan Talintyre (Twitter: @dantalintyre)

Tue 8th March, 03:57PM
    A A

Wests Tigers centre Tim Simona has thanked the Club’s fans for getting the team home last weekend against the New Zealand Warriors at Campbelltown, and said he hoped to see a similarly strong and vocal crowd this Monday night at Leichhardt.

With the Warriors finishing the second half with a blistering attacking spell, Simona said the home fans were vital in lifting the boys to see them home with a 34-26 victory. And with this week’s opponents no doubt desperate to bounce back from a disappointing Round 1 result, the Samoan international said the fans would definitely be crucial again this week.

“We know Manly are going to be pretty disappointed with their Round 1 result and are going to be coming out firing come Monday night,” he said.

"Knowing that, we’re hoping all the fans can come out to Leichhardt and support us.

"I thought the fans did a really good job on Saturday to get us over the line.

“As players, we really feel their energy, so hopefully they can get behind us again on Monday night and help us continue our good start to the 2016 season.”

http://www.weststigers.com.au/content/tigers/club/news/2016/03/08/simona_the_fans_did_.html

• ForumSupporter

Thank you Tim…2016 Dally M CENTRE of the Year…

• Nice not to have the CEO come out in social media and bag the crowd numbers

• will be there on monday night! hopefully can get 10k+ and the weathers okay

• You’re welcome Tim…… I did my best.

• I would have been one of the voices at beloved Ctown if i hadnt moved up north to QLD.

We do need to support our team regardless of the distracting politics of the past

• Banned

That was a good crowd at Ctown…got right behind the side. I know Monday nights are hard to attend but hopefully we get a crowd similar.

• Was only 11k…seemed more… But the great start by the boys helped the crowd get right into it
    Being a day game and a big ground helped the club with all their activities on the day which also helped.
    A night game and the more compact LO will make the same goal more difficult… But another good start by the boys will get the crowd right behind them

• One of the reasons i Do Not like ANZ Stadium, 12-15k look like nothing there and it kills the atmosphere TBH
    ANZ Stadium for GF and SOO and Big events like internationals is good otherwise its not the best place to enjoy footy

• I was in the main grandstand.

It was very vocal. Probably because it was Round 1 and everyone was fired up.

The style of football also entertaine the crowd.

Last year watching 5 hit ups and a bomb everyone was being put to sleep.

• Gotta say the crowd did do a fantastic job. Even 11k can sometimes struggle for atmosphere at a suburban ground but that first half atmosphere was amazing and then the last 5 or so mins was very vocal.

• I have noticed over the last week or so there is a definite push from the club to drum up membership and crowd numbers.

If anyone follows any players on twitter you would have noticed they were all tweeting before the game about getting out there and after the game they all commented on and thanked the crowd. It has also been mentioned in just about every interview i’ve seen/read.

It’s nice to see a bit of positive reinforcement far a change rather than just whinging that there wasn’t more. Hopefully it will make people who didn’t go feel like they missed out and they will go to the next game.

Recent Topics