Moses looking to build on strong start...

• ForumSupporter

Moses looking to build on strong start

Dan Talintyre (Twitter: @dantalintyre)

Tue 8th March, 03:06PM
    A A

After a solid opening performance against the New Zealand Warriors, Wests Tigers playmaker Mitchell Moses says he’s looking to step it up another level this week when his side takes on the Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles at Leichhardt Oval.

Having produced a dominant first half that saw Wests Tigers lead 28-4 at half-time, Moses said he was pleased with his individual and team effort in the opening 40 minutes, but emphasised there was still plenty of areas to improve on this week against the Sea Eagles.

“It was good to dust the cobwebs off and get the win on the weekend,” he said.

"My first half was good, I thought. But I’ve got to close out that game better — that was my job with Luke [Brooks] out so I had to take control and finish the game better.

“We’ll learn from that and take it into Manly this week.”

With Dene Halatau and Luke Brooks both set to return from suspension this week, Moses said their inclusion in the side will only see the team improve on Monday.

“Jack Littlejohn did a great job on the weekend,” he said, "but everytime we had a good-ball attacking set, he was at hooker, so I wasn’t getting much help there.

"Having Brooksy back this week will be a lot better. I like linking up with him.

"We’ve played together for a long time so we’ve always had that combination there, so it was just tweaking a few things and working on a few things we changed this pre-season.

“Hopefully we can put that into practice this weekend.”

http://www.weststigers.com.au/content/tigers/club/news/2016/03/08/moses_looking_to_bui.html

• With Brooks and Robbie out, Moses had to do most of the play making. He needed to step up and he did.

• Banned

Looking forward to see the combo Brooks and Moses have been working on in action.

• Jeez…not a great endorsement for Littlejohn by Moses!

Probably out of context, but he may need to filter himself a bit!

• Banned

But the statements shows to get top value out of Moses we also need Brooks, one to keep in back of mind for the future. Which also means we have a better chance of keeping Moses if Brooks is also in the kennel.

• like Moses passion. now in year 3 of his NRL so we should witness vast improvements in his game. he appears a confidence player.

• @weststigers:

Jeez…not a great endorsement for Littlejohn by Moses!

Probably out of context, but he may need to filter himself a bit![/q

I think if you read into it Mitch gave JLJ a wrap…I think he sees Jack as a fine playmaker that had to go into the hooking role against the Warriors…the team had to improvise with the other players all sidelined…

• I would like the club to shield Moses from the media for a month or two.Every day there is another article on him,it’s a distraction he dosnt need at present. Okay it is great publicity for the club and it is probably pushing his asking price up for his new contract,but I just think the quicker the media push him up the harder the fall will be when he has the odd shocker.

• @Byron Bay Fan:

But the statements shows to get top value out of Moses we also need Brooks, one to keep in back of mind for the future. Which also means we have a better chance of keeping Moses if Brooks is also in the kennel.

What “Kennel”? Tigers don’t have Kennel’s , they have Den’s.

• @supercoach:

I would like the club to shield Moses from the media for a month or two.Every day there is another article on him,it’s a distraction he dosnt need at present. Okay it is great publicity for the club and it is probably pushing his asking price up for his new contract,but I just think the quicker the media push him up the harder the fall will be when he has the odd shocker.

Good point . We saw this happen to Brooks.

• Banned

@Tigerdon:

@Byron Bay Fan:

What “Kennel”? Tigers don’t have Kennel’s , they have Den’s.

I was teasing about the Bulldogs kennel forum, I would have loved to publish Geo’s tub comment on Kasiano over there but thought better.

Recent Topics