The riddle of the grey Jersey solved?

• We all hated the grey strip and we seemed to perform poorly.

I am currently reading the great ManU coach Alex ferguson’s book ‘leading’. In it he refers to being open to ideas wherever they come from.

One year they adopted a grey away strip. They lost 4 out of 5 away games before a Man U fan who was also a vision expert at Liverpool uni wrote to him and explained the dull colour made it harder for players to pick out their team mates. They changed the colour of the away strip and started to win.

Anyone know what colour our away Guernsey is?

• I know a lot of people didn’t like the jumper on the weekend. I quite like it. the black and white top/side patch and The gold was a lot better than that high vis orange from the last couple of years. If they had that shade of Gold with a Black V I’d get one for sure.

• @Tigerdon:

I know a lot of people didn’t like the jumper on the weekend. I quite like it. the black and white top/side patch and The gold was a lot better than that high vis orange from the last couple of years. If they had that shade of Gold with a Black V I’d get one for sure.

As long as it gets us at least 13 wins every season I don’t care what colour it is

• i mean…possibly? more likely is that fact its consistently been one of our higher selling jerseys.

why would they remove something that keeps selling units?

• I like whatever jumper we win in.

• Given the nature of the games, RL jersey colours wouldn’t matter in the same way that soccer jerseys do.

• Its the Grey jerseys making us lose I tells’ ya!

• I hate the grey,its dull and uninspiring and has no connection with the two merged foundation clubs that formed the WT DNA,give me the black,white and gold as as our identity colours any day.

• I remember in the 80s the Magpies often wore the white guernsey, until the players, lead by Schubert, requested a change back to black as they felt “soft” in the white.

• I’ve never liked it… Boring and bland

• Round 1 Kit was confusing
    I think more for players than us
    Kevvy passed to Jeff Robson, some other off loads in questionable areas.

Im proud to wear anything with a maggie and tiger on it but as a fan i like simple traditional kits
    Good old Orange, Black and White
    Keep it simple - Home and Away kits

• So far the Cowboys are 0/1 from their predominantly grey jersey. They may debunk the riddle?

• Banned

I am still awaiting solving the riddle of whose office was next to Meyer?

• @AJ*:

So far the Cowboys are 0/1 from their predominantly grey jersey. They may debunk the riddle?

They resembled the warriors in that jersey so ISC back to the drawing board

Recent Topics