Folkes' impact - already

Good come from behind win vs the hated eagles & an even better one vs Canberra in Canberra.
Pre-Folkes I doubt we win either of those games.

Yes we slipped badly vs the rorters but I think Folkes is having a big impact on the mindset of the boys and as the season goes on the mental toughness he instils is only going to grow.

Steve Folkes - already the best buy of 2010. & it’s only rnd 4.

edit - sorry this was meant to be in the Wests Tigers discussion not general. Any chance of a move Mods?

Moved…

Good post dude and i agree. The tigers play with an intensity and pace that sides CANNOT match for 80mins. Canberra, Knights, Cowboys are teams which play a similar style, but burn out in the last 20mins and that’s where they loose it all to often.

Very confident this season!

we havent lost a second half yet this season, and we have finished our games off strongly, obviously the fitness of the team is up there

I think the Tigers fitness levels are already proving their worth. They finished over the top of Manly in round 1, played terrible against the Roosters but still scored 20 points late in the game and finished full of running, finished over the top of the Eels after defending strongly all game and ran over the top of the Raiders yesterday with 49% possession for the match. The Tigers look very fit out there, fitter than last year and the self confidence is also better given they are not throwing in the towel at any stage even when they are down by 20 points.

I agree that Folkes has made an impact no doubt….

though i think lote has been influential as well…great buys

@daslacker:

I agree that Folkes has made an impact no doubt….

though i think lote has been influential as well…great buys

Completely agree. I think the fitness of the team as well as the confidence and experience lote brings will keep morale high at the club, on and off the field.

combining the last 20 minutes of our games we have scored 62 and conceded 8……WOW!

@sleet52:

combining the last 20 minutes of our games we have scored 62 and conceded 8……WOW!

Thats an awesome stat. Hopefully the days of us fading late in games and losing games we had wrapped up are over.

i think he has had a massive impact in BRYCE GIBBS i always thought of him as a defensive forward but afetr watching the last couple of games he has ran straight and hard and is starting to make his stamp on our pack . Yes he has his discipline probs but i feel its less and less now but if u watch the amount of times he sprints out of the line and puts pressure on the other players and not just at the start of the game he does it after 60mins . Folkes has made him stronger and fitter and he is acting like a leader well done folkes and bryce !

I think having folkes as the strength and conditioning manager at the club was a good move

I think he’s really pushed the players to maximise their fitness

It’s certainly paid off early in the season when most teams are sluggish and still getting into the groove of things

one thing i’ve noticed, is how much more energetic we’ve looked at the start of this season compared to the start of last season

Steve Folkes impact / influence is working well/
am looking forward to those close games where wests-tigers will grind out a win.
do not have to win with exciting footy. yes its nice and entertaining, but an " ugly win" still gets the two points.
wests-tigers have good attack. can you imagine, how strong the team will be, in each game when they consistently defend as good as they attack .

@gallagher:

@sleet52:

Thats an awesome stat. Hopefully the days of us fading late in games and losing games we had wrapped up are over.

It would be interesting to tally the 20 minutes up to half time…

The 20 minutes leading in to half time we have scored 10 (all of those coming against the raiders) and conceded 54.

@Tigers 2010:

@gallagher:

@sleet52:

It would be interesting to tally the 20 minutes up to half time…

not as pretty
v manly - 0 tries to us, 3 to them
v rorters - 0 to 4
v parra - 0 to 0
v raiders - 2 to 2

2 tries total to us, 9 to opponents

agree we have always been better then alot of teams that made the 8 IE cowgilrs on 07 knights eels last year raiders 08 etc etc, we just hadnt got the wins now where winning games where suppose to have lost

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme