Aloiai: "I feel like part of the team"....

• ForumSupporter

Aloiai: “I feel like part of the team”

Thu 10th March, 02:19PM
    A A

Wests Tigers youn gun Josh Aloiai says he definitely feels a part of the team following his successful NRL debut against the New Zealand Warriors on Saturday.

Reflecting on the match as he spoke to the media today, the former Junior Kiwi said he was thrilled he was able to make his debut in front of family and friends against the side he once supported, after playing his junior football for the Glenora Bears in Auckland.

“It was an awesome experience," he said. "I was fortunate enough to play against the Warriors which is my home team so it was a real blessing,”

“I definitely feel like I’m part of the team and I fit in well. I feel included,”

The difference in the physical and mental aspects of the NRL compared to the lower grades was the biggest thing the 20-year-old took out of his first hit out.

“The physicality and just being mentally switched on at all moments," he said. “If you have any lapses then obviously it gets taken advantage of, so just staying in the game."

Preparing to take on the Sea Eagles at Leichhardt Oval on Monday night, the young rookie said his side were prepared for a completely different Manly side this week after Trent Barrett’s side were convincingly beaten by the Bulldogs in their opening round clash.

“Round 1 there was a bit of rust, so a few things they’ll (Manly) be working on that I’m sure,” Aloiai said. I don’t think was a typical Manly performance but I think they’ll bring their best against us this week and that’s what we’ll prepare for,

“We’ve trained well… and we’re ready to go again and have another good performance.”

http://www.weststigers.com.au/content/tigers/club/news/2016/03/10/aloiai_i_feel_like_p.html

• ForumSupporter

Great young acquisition to Our Club…His work rate in the 30 odd mins he got against the Warriors was superb… Good having an impact off the bench who can play both wide and tight…

• This kid is the real deal as I’ve said it before our Trials.

A mate of mine who is an Eels supporter said to me at the end of last year
    " you have stolen a gem from under our noses " , and my mate has a good eye for talent when he sees one.
    I texted him after the Sharks trial and said " your spot on mate ".

Really excited what this guy can achieve .

• Banned

He is very raw but the talent and the drive is there.
    Look forward to watching him grow.

• Banned

He looks good so far.

• He is the goods,
    Only gonna get better to.

Got ourselves another future superstar.

• Showed more in 2 trials and 1 FG game than all of the other junior backrowers we have on the books.

• So glad he’s settled in so quick. He, along with MCK,were the two new recruits that I was hoping would make the step up.
    (When I think about it, hoping for Parahi as well, and Ado-Carr and Grant, and Edwards and Griffin).

• He’s a good young player and he’ll only get better. I like him a lot.

• Does he stay on the bench when Farah and Edwards are back?

• Great pick up from Parramatta.

Appears raw, young, eager, talented and eager which we need in our ranks and probably have been crying out for over the last couple of years.

The way I see it, he is in our top 17 side each week until his form drops or another player is playing too well they demand promotion.

love the competition for spots this year. Something WT are not use to.

Edwards has missed a lot of football over the years so he needs to perform big time in State cup before being considered for the top side.

I think we forget the huge step from lower grades where some players appear to be superstars to NRL. Unfortunately a lot of players do not make the successful transition.

Recent Topics