Tedesco and Sironen's Big League interview

• I thought i share an Article on the the Big League magazine i have with me , but i have to type it all .

CUBS ARE TRYING TO STICK TOGETHER

By Matt Logue

They’re the Wests Tigers young guns who’ve built a close bond through adversity and it’s the fear of being separated that is driving their premiership push this season.
    Star fullback James Tedesco told Big League the young Wests Tigers are motivated by the real prospect of the salary cap tearing their young team apart.
    According to Tedesco this is why his young team-mates are desperate to make the most of their time together.
    “It’s hard for all us young guys,” Tedesco said.
    " There is myself , Sironen , Nofoaluma and all of these juniors who are at the same age all coming off contract at similar times.
    " It’s just difficult to keep everyone together, but i hope we can because that’s when i think we play our best footy ".
    " I also understand it’s a business and you never know what’s going to happen in the future and that’s why we want to make the most of it ".
    " But it does help that a lot of us grew up together and we know each other’s games ".

The Wests Tigers connection was on display in their impressive Round 1 victory over competition heavyweights the Warriors.
    Back-rower Curtis Sironen said the team’s close friendship have also played a major role in helping them overcome the issues between Robbie Farah and Jason Taylor last Season.
    “It ( our bond ) was massive”, Sironen said.
    “Considering how much Robbie and JT were in the media , everything we did was under so much scrutiny than other less experienced players at other clubs”.
    "I think how close we are as mates off the field just helps through the adversity of the last couple of years " .
    “A lot of us are all local juniors who are only one or two years apart and came through the grades together at Balmain or against each other at Wests “.
    " We’ve been hammered by the media and on the bottom of the table just doing our best , so it helps having your best friends in there keeping everything positive “.
    " Now it’s about having some success”.
    Like Tedesco understands the ruthless world of the salary cap , Sironen is being realistic about the future of keeping the entire squad together.
    " That’s out of our control and all we can do is enjoy the next two years and do as much as we can,” he said.
    " We’ve just got to enjoy it while it lasts.”
    Sironen reserved particular praise for Tedesco - who delivered the match -winner against the Warriors.
    “Having ’ Teddy ’ around just motivates us to be at his level,” he said.
    " When we thought Teddy was going to leave a couple of years ago , it was like someone had died.
    "We were all pretty upset and then when he did a backflip we were all doing backflips ourselves.
    " I know some of us haven’t lived up to the hype we had early on , myself included, but we just have to put our heads down, bums up and keep working hard.
    " Hopefully we can turn it around ".

So there you have it Lads had to write that as it’s the Big League……there is another article i’ll try and get out .

• Banned

They talk well and I like the guys. I want to see them all resign though and win some competitions.

• Thanks FT! From the outside they do seem like close-nit teammates . I’d love to see them get that “us against them mentality” that Manly have and feed of it. They are right, the media lined them up and has thrown heaps of crap towards them with relentless articles. Stick together boys.

• One thing I can never quite understand is why these young players think one club such as WT cannot afford to keep them all together.

One would assume that they all become elite players, Tigers become very successful and our roster becomes too expensive to keep.

But if we keep riding the bottom of the ladder, it doesn’t make sense why all these kids will have to leave, because it says we have too many high-quality / high-priced players, which is typically not what a bottom team has.

• Banned

@jirskyr:

One thing I can never quite understand is why these young players think one club such as WT cannot afford to keep them all together.

One would assume that they all become elite players, Tigers become very successful and our roster becomes too expensive to keep.

But if we keep riding the bottom of the ladder, it doesn’t make sense why all these kids will have to leave, because it says we have too many high-quality / high-priced players, which is typically not what a bottom team has.

Exactly. It’s like they believe their own press a little too much isn’t it. Do they realize they came basically dead last last season.

• Would take me half the arvo to type that, so many thanks for the effort FaT.

Mates, adversity and a dash of humility, but most importantly our juniors. For me that is what it is all about and the club should be rewarded , rather than most probably being pillaged by their rich and powerful competitors.

Born and/or bred, we should be able to keep them all if they want to stay.

• @jirskyr:

One thing I can never quite understand is why these young players think one club such as WT cannot afford to keep them all together.

Maybe they know where the money is……elsewhere

• Some on here might say that playing with your mates isn’t important but that is where the commeraderie is built……playing in those big games and sharing it with the people that mean most, going through all the adversity and and coming out the other end victorius.

There is no reason why we shouldn’t be able to shore up our spine for many years to come? If the Storm can do it so can we…Oh wait 😒

• They CAN be kept together.

One word.

Meriton.

😉

• Gee i’d be shattered to see Brooks, Moses or Teddy put on another jersey. So much money, time and disappointment invested for a long term goal only to have our hearts broken again. Deadset would be shattering.

Surely we’re due for some sort of luck as Tigers supporters.

• ForumSupporter

@underdog:

They CAN be kept together.

One word.

Meriton.

😉

Harry has put his cue in the rack…try for another word…

In saying that no reason they can’t build their futures here…

Thanks for posting FT…

• @foreveratiger:

I thought i share an Article on the the Big League magazine i have with me , but i have to type it all .

CUBS ARE TRYING TO STICK TOGETHER

By Matt Logue

They’re the Wests Tigers young guns who’ve built a close bond through adversity and it’s the fear of being separated that is driving their premiership push this season.
    Star fullback James Tedesco told Big League the young Wests Tigers are motivated by the real prospect of the salary cap tearing their young team apart.
    According to Tedesco this is why his young team-mates are desperate to make the most of their time together.
    “It’s hard for all us young guys,” Tedesco said.
    " There is myself , Sironen , Nofoaluma and all of these juniors who are at the same age all coming off contract at similar times.
    " It’s just difficult to keep everyone together, but i hope we can because that’s when i think we play our best footy ".
    " I also understand it’s a business and you never know what’s going to happen in the future and that’s why we want to make the most of it ".
    " But it does help that a lot of us grew up together and we know each other’s games ".

The Wests Tigers connection was on display in their impressive Round 1 victory over competition heavyweights the Warriors.
    Back-rower Curtis Sironen said the team’s close friendship have also played a major role in helping them overcome the issues between Robbie Farah and Jason Taylor last Season.
    “It ( our bond ) was massive”, Sironen said.
    “Considering how much Robbie and JT were in the media , everything we did was under so much scrutiny than other less experienced players at other clubs”.
    "I think how close we are as mates off the field just helps through the adversity of the last couple of years " .
    “A lot of us are all local juniors who are only one or two years apart and came through the grades together at Balmain or against each other at Wests “.
    " We’ve been hammered by the media and on the bottom of the table just doing our best , so it helps having your best friends in there keeping everything positive “.
    " Now it’s about having some success”.
    Like Tedesco understands the ruthless world of the salary cap , Sironen is being realistic about the future of keeping the entire squad together.
    " That’s out of our control and all we can do is enjoy the next two years and do as much as we can,” he said.
    " We’ve just got to enjoy it while it lasts.”
    Sironen reserved particular praise for Tedesco - who delivered the match -winner against the Warriors.
    “Having ’ Teddy ’ around just motivates us to be at his level,” he said.
    " When we thought Teddy was going to leave a couple of years ago , it was like someone had died.
    "We were all pretty upset and then when he did a backflip we were all doing backflips ourselves.
    " I know some of us haven’t lived up to the hype we had early on , myself included, but we just have to put our heads down, bums up and keep working hard.
    " Hopefully we can turn it around ".

So there you have it Lads had to write that as it’s the Big League……there is another article i’ll try and get out .

Thanks for that FT. Good article. Are your fingies sore? 😉

• If this was so important to them why didn’t they get together with their management and the club and try and negotiate their contract to come off and separate times and different years so we could help spread the burden ……

Your all mates …

Its so important …

Stick together …

or

$$$$$$$$$$$ …

Don’t take me and others for fools please …

• Dont see why we cant keep 2-3 origin players and a bunch of good youngsters when Brissy has half the qld team and manage to pick up James Roberts and on top of that are linked to Inglis.

• Teddy is a superstar already and will be knocking on the door come State of Origin time.

Sirro has so much talent and is growing into a solid NRL second rower.

Needs 2016 to be his This needs to be his break through year and take his game to the next level.

So much competition for back rowers positions in the club so he can not afford to waste his talent and opportunity.

I do feel sorry for him that he carries some of the expectations of his great Father whom I consider to be one of the great second rowers since I have been watching the game. (I was a Wests fan growing up but loved watching Paul play. Watched him at Parra Stadium pull Wests apart single handed)_.

Recent Topics