Blake Ayshford.... oh dear.

http://www.sportingnews.com/league-news/4698049-im-better-than-him-so-is-my-mum–-fans-hammer-ayshford-nrl-warriors-broncos

Sounds like the Kiwis aren’t going to tolerate his Cronulla Sharks levels of mediocrity.

How the mighty have fallen - from origin bolter to laughing stock within a laughing stock.

Blake has been the buy of the season

He keeps getting further from the WT’s ranks would should make us all happy

I just don’t understand how he keeps getting an NRL spot. He must look a million dollars at training because he doesn’t seem up to it in either attack or defence. When he came into first grade here he was a great tackle buster but he looks nowhere near that earlier promise.

Maybe the Kiwis should be more concerned with RTS’s tackling at the back, thought some of his efforts last night were well below ordinary.

I don’t like the centre position is where the problem lies for them. We split them up the middle.Sounds like the Kiwis are looking for a scapegoat. Blake isn’t on much coin . But there big buys RTS got burnt by Simona. Luke has done much. Last night Johnson made 1 hit up all game. They know they can’t drop these players. So they are looking at a Blakes position. Hurrell may be better or may not be , but I don’t think by changing a centre it will fix their problems

I do not know where it all went wrong for Blake. He went from being a very good centre to being average at best. At times he looks completely disinterested & would suggest that it is an attitude problem

@Tigerdon:

I don’t like the centre position is where the problem lies for them. We split them up the middle.Sounds like the Kiwis are looking for a scapegoat. Blake isn’t on much coin . But there big buys RTS got burnt by Simona. Luke has done much. Last night Johnson made 1 hit up all game. They know they can’t drop these players. So they are looking at a Blakes position. Hurrell may be better or may not be , but I don’t think by changing a centre it will fix their problems

When Ayshford started with the Tigers he was quite a good 5/8. Maybe that’s where his future lies. Johnston to half and Ayshford to 5/8

Poor old Blake. One great season and the rest has just been a pile of poo.

How any club would buy him at all, let alone on the basis that he is a “defensive centre” is beyond me. I assume McFadden thought he was a defensive centre because he was useless in attack.

Only player I have seen to have slept walked through an entire season. Looks like he is on Valium when he plays.

Warriors problem is they aren’t playing direct enough. Similar problem that we had when we had a weak forward pack

Only player I have seen to have slept walked through an entire season. Looks like he is on Valium when he plays.

Warriors problem is they aren’t playing direct enough. Similar problem that we had when we had a weak forward pack

As a former Tiger I actually feel for the bloke - it’s just not working for him. But he has a lot of career highlights as well, I’ll always remember 3.38

I can’t believe he’s keeping Hurrell out of first grade.
McFadden is nuts and will be gone if they don’t turn it around soon.

I feel bad for Blake. 2010 was a great year for him and I really had high hopes.

In fairness to Blake the only place I remember him been talked about an origin bolter was on here, after one good year. Funny when you look back at him and Collis, there seems to be no reason for the big slide in form, just when the slide happened they can’t turn it around.

@fulleightyminutes:

As a former Tiger I actually feel for the bloke - it’s just not working for him. But he has a lot of career highlights as well, I’ll always remember 3.38

Good highlights reel, he could play and a range of skills. He looked fast. I think he has just lost his pace.

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme

Can’t log in or access your account?
Send an email to contact@weststigersforum.com and we’ll get you back online.