Cowboys vs Eels

• Well Parramatta earned 2 of the points they will likely lose for rorting the cap, but think they were given a push along by some very dubious referreeing decisions. They should get rid of referees and let the bunker control the game via flashing lights and noises when they want to stop the game.

• I didn’t pick Parra or Canberra over the more fancied teams. Both are looking strong in the forwards. And really didn’t want to start the season with two loses. In both cases the team that really wanted to win more won.

• Banned

The Cows were dreadful.
    The decision to take general play kicking duties away from JT hurt them. Their ball handling was unsatisfactory as well. Good on the Eels, they played hard.

• Parra look hard to handle. That was a well won game.

• Be interesting how the cows handle the hunted tag …think they will go OK but not great.

• @Harvey:

Well Parramatta earned 2 of the points they will likely lose for rorting the cap, but think they were given a push along by some very dubious referreeing decisions. They should get rid of referees and let the bunker control the game via flashing lights and noises when they want to stop the game.

The Cowboys got a couple of shocking calls at vital times of the game. With the teams so close these days and time in possession so critical,a bad call or two will loose you the game.

Don’t get me wrong, I am impressed with the grunt Parra have in the pack and from what I have seen in the first two weeks,nothing has changed you win games on the back of your forward power. Our slick hands and attack is impressive but come mid season without the grunt in the forwards it will not win you games

• Time for the NRL to step in now and take a whizz on Parra’s parade…… minus 4 points thank you fellas.
    The NRL will see a successful Parra as a sign of a successful comp and probably let them off scot-free though. Would not surprise at all.

• I know we didn’t quite have the Grant of some packs, but I don’t think we are too far behind. Woods, Grant, Ava, Sue, Lawrence, Sirro, Alioia, Lovett are all pretty big. And If Halatau starts at DH then we should hold our own.

Recent Topics