Dugan

Injured again. What’s the bet he makes a miraculous recovery and plays next week.

Tell ya what his place in a blue jumper this year maybe questioned….but then again l Daley is still coaching.

Expecting he will miss a week

Even if he does make a miraculous recovery…so what? unless you’re implying he’s soft or taking drugs?

he’s a bloke like Matai, Gallen or to a worse extent Nathan Peats - they’ll forever be injured

@larrycorowa:

Injured again. What’s the bet he makes a miraculous recovery and plays next week.

I’m confused, what are you trying to say here? Is there a reason why anyone should care if he makes a ‘‘miraculous recovery’’?

Nathan Peats is a good player….

once fit…Dugan will most likely return to fullback. it hasn’t worked having him in the centres.
also. can’t be too long before Barrett moves Walker to the centres and Lyons to 5/8

@Tigerdon:

once fit…Dugan will most likely return to fullback. it hasn’t worked having him in the centres.
also. can’t be too long before Barrett moves Walker to the centres and Lyons to 5/8

Yes it just seems like a move that’s just not going to work…interesting if teddy holds his form whether Laurie goes for incombant or form wise. Was chatting to my dragons mate and I said probably 5/8th might be his spot

Cause he always gets injured but managed to play the next week like matai

Dugan is now a chance of playing this week, slight hamstring strain. The number of times this blokes has left the field injured (normally when his team is behind) and plays the next week……CAT

@Tigerdon:

Cliffy’s making a comeback?

@GNR4LIFE:

@larrycorowa:

I’m confused, what are you trying to say here? Is there a reason why anyone should care if he makes a ‘‘miraculous recovery’’?

He has a reputation for being “injured” and the medicos not being able to find anything wrong with him.

This was particularly an issue when he was at Canberra, when they sacked him an “unnamed senior player” virtually outright said he was playing up the injury. Cant remember the first half of the quote, but the second half was the cracking and was “we know Ferguson is soft, but he least he has a go on the field”

TBF to Dugan talk of the him not really being injured has subsided in recent times.

Matai is different, he has a nerve issue in his neck shoulder that causes him alot of pain at stages, but doesnt further injure himself, why we are seeing him down a lot, but not going off. He is proper tough.

Apparently he is playing centre at saints because he believes he is a better centre than fullback

Dugan has a point. A modern elite fullback needs to be an additional playmaker. Look at his try-assists from last season compared to other elite fullbacks:

James Tedesco: 14
Greg Inglis: 13
Roger Tuivasa-Sheck: 15
Brett Stewart: 9
Josh Dugan: 2

Dugan is a great at traditional fullback play with his try saves, kick returns and tackle breaks but he knows he’s not great at setting up opportunities for other players, like a reverse Tim Moltzen.

He plays well enough at centre and it’s an opportunity for his passing game to develop while only having to worry about setting up one player, i.e. his winger, rather than having to worry about setting up a whole bunch of players

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme

Can’t log in or access your account?
Send an email to contact@weststigersforum.com and we’ll get you back online.