Acknowledging the fans

It must be a directive from above, but has anyone else noticed that in every player interview this year, they all mention the importance of the fans at our home games.

You can’t knock the directive, but its got to a point where I’m waiting for it in every interview.
I’m finding it very humorous to see how the players are going to relay the message.
Could make a drinking game out of it.

Im actually finding it annoying and patronising

Harsh but true, King Sirro. I tried to find the funny perspective.

I might be wrong but I thought they’ve been doing this for a few years now. Doesn’t bother me really. Most questions asked of players, and their answers, are mostly predictable anyway. They just want to play, can’t blame them for that.

I think it is a subtle push to get more fans interested in membership and game day experiences…either way it means more dollars coming in…

Definitely more-so this year, like they are going to get fined or extra work at training if they dont.

@king sirro:

Im actually finding it annoying and patronising

What I found patronising was when they had the pet memberships and poor Rowdy was quoted was as saying how much someone’s pet dog loved the Tigers.

In saying that though, least we no longer have a CEO who throws childish tantrums on Twitter.

It is in no way patronising to the fans. It is about time that all “elite” football players realised that their lifestyle depends almost entirely on fans who pay through the stadium turnstyle, their Foxtel accounts or watching those stupifying ads on channel 9. If you watch the AFL ads you will see that they are heavily emphasising that their game revolves around the fans not the players or greedy officials who want to run (and ruin) a cherished game.

I think it is excellent.

I hope they actually believe it.

@Goose:

I think it is excellent.

They certainly believed it tonight. They gave their fans top value for the money they spent in getting to see the game. Their could be a huge crowd at ANZ on Easter Monday.

@Newtown:

@Goose:

I think it is excellent.

They certainly believed it tonight. They gave their fans top value for the money they spent in getting to see the game. Their could be a huge crowd at ANZ on Easter Monday.

yea hope they do believe it

could break 50k again if the eels win next week and the weathers nice

+1 to Newtown. I don’t think it’s patronising as much as it is sincere. The amount of rubbish and dramas as the club had in the off season, I’m not surprised they are thankful that people have been turning up to the games. It would make a massive difference to being cheered on than boo’d off like last season. Sure; there may be a subtle push at getting memberships up, but wouldn’t take the whole thing as a PR stunt.

@ryanda01:

+1 to Newtown. I don’t think it’s patronising as much as it is sincere. The amount of rubbish and dramas as the club had in the off season, I’m not surprised they are thankful that people have been turning up to the games. It would make a massive difference to being cheered on than boo’d off like last season. Sure; there may be a subtle push at getting memberships up, but wouldn’t take the whole thing as a PR stunt.

Exactly. Didn’t we have fans threatening to leave the club and picketing outside the club about the loss of Farah? And fans in Campbo complaining about how little we paid attention to them? Any attention is good imo.

Curious to know why people think its patronising? We aren’t the worst club by a stretch and yet worse performing teams consistently get bigger crowds.

David Nofoaluma scoring the first try and high-fiving the fans on the fence was epic. Love seeing the players appreciate the fans.

Some grumpy old men on here. Almost every word from any sportsmen is a cliche anyway, so you cares what they say. Acknowledging the fans is never a bad thing, not that i’ve heard too much in any case.

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme

Can’t log in or access your account?
Send an email to contact@weststigersforum.com and we’ll get you back online.