Why are 2nd rate footballers fastracked as referrees

Can understand them as video refs, but what have Perenara and Luke Phillips ever done as referrees to show that they should be appointed ahead of anyone that has ever done year after year of proving themselves looking after junior games. Henry wouldn’t get a job in an Auckland bottl-o, probably because the owner would be worried the profits would disappear down his gullett.

Luke Philips and Henry Perenarra were 2nd class footballers???

Philips played 105 first grade games and has refereed at grade level for 9 years.
Perenarra played 72 games, representing his country and has also refereed at grade level for 9 years.

Dumb thread.

I don’t know about 2nd-rate footballer, but Perenara is a 2nd-rate ref. He seems lost at NRL leve, I have no confidence in him whatsoever and he appears just moments away from his next major blunder.

Yeah Luke Phillips was second rate alright. He was only a Clive Churchill Medal winner.

Ben Galea is a video ref. he must have been second rate too.

@GNR4LIFE:

Yeah Luke Phillips was second rate alright. He was only a Clive Churchill Medal winner.

Ben Galea is a video ref. he must have been second rate too.

Phillips didnt win the medal, but was IMO the best on ground in a losing side in 2000, they gave it to Locky instead.

He was talked as a bolter for the End of season trip after the GF.

@jirskyr:

I don’t know about 2nd-rate footballer, but Perenara is a 2nd-rate ref. He seems lost at NRL leve, I have no confidence in him whatsoever and he appears just moments away from his next major blunder.

Spot on
Perenara is a dud as a ref, no doubt about it. He is consistently hopeless.

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme

Can’t log in or access your account?
Send an email to contact@weststigersforum.com and we’ll get you back online.