Craig bellamy

Just a little info about the impact and style of football the tigers pose for other teams. I have a family member who was part of the tigers and is now on the storm setup. He tells me bellamy is only worried about one team this year in regards to there premiership defence and there plans for teams. And guess which team that is . yes the TIGERS. He stated game plans against marshall and farah are near impossible when they are in the mood.other teams will be hard to beat he says for the storm but the tigers are a different entity all together

we are a special team this year - we just need luck with the injury gods - bellamy is not silly but i venture to say that bellamy is not the only coach thinking like that about us. :sign:

… Yeah if the injury gods keep us clean this year… we will be a force to reckon with…

this is no surprise. i heard similar stories at the backend of last year from people i know with close ties to the dragons and that of all the clubs vying for the last finals spot they were most concerned coming up against the tigers. didnt matter, eels made fools of them anyway!

I must admit I am getting the same feeling as 05.

We need to stay fit and we are a big chance.

For me,we are still only at 40% intensity for 80 minutes.

Iam getting worried their is so much tiger hype going on based on two scratchy wins and one good win. We are a long way from being labeled a premiership contender.Lets see where we are at in a month or so before we get too excited

@supercoach:

Iam getting worried their is so much tiger hype going on based on two scratchy wins and one good win. We are a long way from being labeled a premiership contender.Lets see where we are at in a month or so before we get too excited

I think the reason behind all this hype is the fact that we have come from behind in 2 matches that we wouldnt have won last year (manly and canberra)

teams will start stepping up soon,lets see if the tigers can go with those teams
i hope we can but we need to start playing for the full 80

I think teams are going to get frustrated and when that happens they tend to get dirty, head highs, stiff arms, wrestling holds, then comes the injuries, one way or the other two points need to be won. Lets just hope the refs do indeed step in and maintain quality games.

its not the same the last year, the hype is 100% worse. Big things this year or we we labelled useless as we were until 2005 and for many years to come

@supercoach:

Don’t be mate… the footy the tigers have shown (albeit in patches) has been some of the best footy I’ve seen in years and we getting more consistant mainly due to Benji and his brilliance. Without too many injuries (especially to key players) we’ll only get better and that’s what the media and other players and coaches are realising.

The come from behind win against the Raiders was based on simple football. Yes there was moments of brilliance but for the most part we ground that win out right up the guts and that has been the most pleasing aspect for me.

Still more performances like that against Parra would be a good thing as well

The Tigers only have one team to fear……The Wests Tigers!
Destiny is in our own hands. If we play crucial games to our potential then no team can beat us.

Too much talk for so early in the season, I’m confident this season will be better than last but that is more due to our form at the back end of 09 and Benji’s early season form. We still have a long way to go and it will all come down to how much our defence has improved, the Eels game was a very good display though and did show some real potential.

expectation leads to dis-appointment.
as being a wests-tigers supporter we have encopuntered for past 4seasons.
its going to sound boring, get the little things right in each game.
make that tackle, don’t do stupid flops in tackles, no dumb penalities on 4th or 5th tackle & maintain and hold solid defence line, especially within 10 metre area.
work as a team, don’t expect individual players to win game for you.
there is no “i” in team.
once this happens game after game, then win enough to make it to the finals.
if do make to finals play like no tommorrow.

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme