Tim Grant

• I know it’s only 2 games in and very conscious of not getting ahead of ourselves but so far Tim Grant has been an absolute brilliant pickup for us.

His aggression, dents the line, quick play the balls, defense in the ruck has been a big part of our success

What has been very impressive over the last 2 games is how he works with Woods, Sue and Lawerance off the 1-2-3-4 hit up plays.

I would be extreamly happy if Grant continues the way he is going as will be an excellent durable partner for Woods and Sue as the big bopper trio.

• He’s been very good so far. No nonsense metre eater we needed.

• He set the tone with those early runs against Manly.
    Forwards like that are such a positive to a side, the rest of the side feeds off that energy. Been a great start in our colours.

• Massive step up from Keith in my opinion.

• Great pick up in a position where we needed someone. Grant has complemented Woods. Ava has done well to. When Robbie returns there job should become a little easier. As the balls they will be running onto should be delivered cleaner and his defence around the ruck should help. Dene did a good job in defence but I think Robbie will be better for Grant and the other front rowers. Once it’s SOO time Grant will be invaluable to us.

• Banned

Ava was in my opinion the best prop out there. He runs hard and with speed. Grant though has been great.

• @wd in perth:

Massive step up from Keith in my opinion.

Big Keefy would run directly at the nearest defender and 99 times out of 100 would get smashed and take ages to get to his feet and play the ball. Grant runs hard but usually aims between defenders and than delivers a quick play the ball. So far the signs have been very good with Grant

• Very astute pick-up and he really looks to be enjoying himself out there.

• He’s been awesome.
    Defo an upgrade on Galloway.

• Why is anyone surprised? He wasn’t cut from Penrith or Souths on form, it was merely a numbers game that saw him squeezed out of their caps.

• http://m.nrl.com/tigers-shake-off-soft-tag/tabid/10874/newsid/93822/default.aspx

Brooks has been talking up our forwards. As a good half back should do.

• Tall, rangy and a good meter eater.

Grant is a younger version of our big red.

Don’t bag out Keiffy. He was a great clubman.

• Every time he carries it I take a split second to register that Tim Grant is playing for us and then he smashes someone backwards and gets a quick play the ball and I do a little fist pump. Such a good signing.

• ForumSupporter

I have to admit I was a bit meh when we signed Grant based on his output in the last few seasons and the ole it’s the players other Clubs reject that make Wests Tigers the best….

He has been fantastic for us…added a starch in the middle that we have often lacked…I think his efforts are also rubbing off on the rest of the forwards as well…

• @Geo.:

I have to admit I was a bit meh when we signed Grant based on his output in the last few seasons and the ole it’s the players other Clubs reject that make Wests Tigers the best….

He has been fantastic for us…added a starch in the middle that we have often lacked…I think his efforts are also rubbing off on the rest of the forwards as well…

Couldn’t agree more GEO,Tim sets a great example of what a hard working forward should be doing during the games,I also reckon he has been fantastic with the younger ones behind the scenes as well….

Recent Topics