Benji Marshall, Leading Point Scorer

He is currently in the lead for most points scored and equal 2nd for tries scored.
i never expected this from him. congrats to him

Mm, does anyone think he will be leading at the end of the year?
I think its a 3 horse race between Benji, Thurston and Soward.

Personally i think Carney will win it.

If Marshall starts kicking accurately he will win it by a mile. We score enough tries for him to do so that’s for sure. Coupled with the fact that he scores so many himself. He’ll probably win it anyway.

@benjibrotown:

Origin will rule out Thurston. I’m hoping it can be winning it at the end of the year will be a nice collect

Imagine if he could kick goals, he’d win it by a mile.

Here’s hoping his kicking improves.

love ya work keep it up bagz

Great milestone. Go Benji!!

@benjibrotown:

I think Luke Burt. He’s been injured hench why he’s not up there, but he’ll probably bag at least 10 tries for the year, probably more, and if Parra fire, he’ll get heaps of shots at goal (because they’ll score heaps of tries). The top point scorer is usually a winger anyway. Michael Gordon is another goer, he’s the best goal kicker in the league in my opinion.

Has there ever been a more prolific try scorer playing at 5/8? I think not. More than any other footballer, Marshall has the uncanny ability to in the right place when he’s required. Take his try last week; there was no real reason he should be the one breaking up Lote’s break, but there he was. I suppose it’s a combination of his anticipation and phenomenal speed.

According to NRL Stats archive, based on games where they’ve played 5/8 since 1998

Brad Fittler: 170 games 80 tries
Braith Anasta: 170 games 68 tries
Preston Campbell: 102 games 45 tries
Benji Marshall: 77 games 40 tries

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme