Putting my hand up

• I must say i didn’t see this coming. Having the first 2 games at home grounds was always going to help but to be honest i didn’t think the Tigers would win both and play the way they did.

Tim Grant has surprised me with his play. Having watched him last year and having a few mates who are bunnies fans they all told me he was lazy and prone to giving away silly penalties. Now i know it’s only early in the season but he shown us the form he displayed a few years ago when he played SOO. Sure he’s given away the odd penalty but most of the side has been guilty of this but he has run hard, tackled hard and moved laterally which surprised me for such a big guy. I don’t see him playing SOO this year but i reckon he’s a certainty for City.

I didn’t know much about Aloiai until the trials but couldn’t be more impressed with what i’ve seen so far. If he keeps progressing i think Siro will be a bit nervous and will be looking over his shoulder. For me Aloiai’s big plus is his aggression which is controlled.

I don’t know if the tigers will win this weekend, i don’t know if we are going to have another year like 2015 but all i do know is i’m going to enjoy the wins and cheer on our Tigers.

Isn’t it good to have some positive post rather than everyone bagging each other.

• It is good yeah. Great actually. I m starting to think that fans believe in the coach too. He pretty much lost me last year, but has me back on board now.

• @wd in perth:

It is good yeah. Great actually. I m starting to think that fans believe in the coach too. He pretty much lost me last year, but has me back on board now.

Always been in the Taylor camp, but after the Cowboys game at Cambo last year and all the Farahgate in the off season, it certainly tested my faith.

Although in saying that, a coaches is only as good as his cattle and Taylor has some cattle who are very impressive at present. Very early days and I have seen the wheels fall off in a flash in the past but I am optimistic about this team and where they are going.

• The things I have always thought is that the playing group is tight and the club needed a good clean out. Belief is strong at the moment and we are feeding off that. As a few players have said they are enjoying their footy also.

• @maxxy86:

The things I have always thought is that the playing group is tight and the club needed a good clean out. Belief is strong at the moment and we are feeding off that. As a few players have said they are enjoying their footy also.

Most players enjoy winning, even bash and barge one out wins, but when you win by scoring plenty of flashy trys and plenty of forward power it is so much better

• What I saw of Tim Grant last year at Souths I was reasonably impressed. His running has always had a fair intelligence to it, but I agree he was prone to a slow tackle and a penalty.

I think Grant is the opposite of Marty Taupau - a legitimate starting prop and much less useful off the bench for any impact. Opening props are like opening batsmen, they don’t have to be your most aggressive or entertaining, but they do need to see off the fresh opposition.

I think Grant’s solid defence, judicious hitup lines and quick PTBs all suite early-match conditions. He’s also quite a rangy fellow and not short of a quick step, so the ruck has been tight in the early exchanges.

• @Tiger Tim:

I must say i didn’t see this coming. Having the first 2 games at home grounds was always going to help but to be honest i didn’t think the Tigers would win both and play the way they did. Tim Grant has surprised me with his play. Having watched him last year and having a few mates who are bunnies fans they all told me he was lazy and prone to giving away silly penalties. Now i know it’s only early in the season but he shown us the form he displayed a few years ago when he played SOO. Sure he’s given away the odd penalty but most of the side has been guilty of this but he has run hard, tackled hard and moved laterally which surprised me for such a big guy. I don’t see him playing SOO this year but i reckon he’s a certainty for City. I didn’t know much about Aloiai until the trials but couldn’t be more impressed with what i’ve seen so far. If he keeps progressing i think Siro will be a bit nervous and will be looking over his shoulder. For me Aloiai’s big plus is his aggression which is controlled.
    I don’t know if the tigers will win this weekend, i don’t know if we are going to have another year like 2015 but all i do know is i’m going to enjoy the wins and cheer on our Tigers. Isn’t it good to have some positive post rather than everyone bagging each other.

X2

• Im loving Tim Grant. Runs hard. The perfect foil to Woods.

I have been a supporter of Coach JT and will remain so even when the inevitable losses come along. 2016 is another Building year.

As someone who tears down organisations and rebuilds them for a living I have been able to see the foresight that has been in play from day one.

WTFers need to stick solid and Believe.

Good Thread -

• Banned

@wd in perth:

It is good yeah. Great actually. I m starting to think that fans believe in the coach too. He pretty much lost me last year, but has me back on board now.

The thing about JT is that he is a very well credentialed in rugby league circles. He was an Australian Schoolboy rep, played 276 NRL games, repped City and NSW Origin, and has coached 117 NRL games. He knows the game.

I will add however that he has an abrasive even combative personality which doesn’t endear him to players and staff. I didn’t like his approach last year, that’s no secret. He seems and ideas man more than an implementer. However he has been smart enough to adapt to his playing group and you can clearly see he has worked hard to get the team playing as they currently are and for that he is earning my respect as a coach.

Credit where credit’s due, he is surprising a lot of commentators with the way he has this squad playing and I’m enjoying the ride. Not fully convinced yet but starting to believe. Congrats to him.

• Put it this way. There was a civil war on this forum from August to December over the Farah fiasco. People were claiming he’d be gone by round 6. Some even said he wouldn’t even make round 1. Here we are mid March and he’s won his first two WITHOUT Farah. The guy that people claim he tried to run out of the club. Going by our first two matches, if that is true then maybe he was onto something.

• Banned

@GNR4LIFE:

Put it this way. There was a civil war on this forum from August to December over the Farah fiasco. People were claiming he’d be gone by round 6. Some even said he wouldn’t even make round 1. Here we are mid March and he’s won his first two WITHOUT Farah. The guy that people claim he tried to run out of the club. Going by our first two matches, if that is true then maybe he was onto something.

Why do you do this ? Seriously you constantly bring this stuff back up. How do you know we wouldn’t have performed better with Farah in the team ?

• @stevetiger:

@GNR4LIFE:

Put it this way. There was a civil war on this forum from August to December over the Farah fiasco. People were claiming he’d be gone by round 6. Some even said he wouldn’t even make round 1. Here we are mid March and he’s won his first two WITHOUT Farah. The guy that people claim he tried to run out of the club. Going by our first two matches, if that is true then maybe he was onto something.

Why do you do this ? Seriously you constantly bring this stuff back up. How do you know we wouldn’t have performed better with Farah in the team ?

Lol so much irony here. Why so dismissive though, is the thought of giving JT just a tiny bit of credit that revolting to you that you can’t admit he might not be as terrible as you were claiming he was? Or is it a pride thing, not wanting to back down from your stance? And that goes for quite a few people on the forum.

• Can we maybe forget the Robbie Farah vs JT debacle and enjoy our positive start to the season ?

Jesus, even the individuals themselves have moved on and the organisation seems to be on the same page.

Seriously, it is so so sad…

Anyone who thinks that Robbie isn’t a better hooker then Halatau and won’t offer more in the position, seriously has rocks in their heads…

lets leave the past in the past and move on ?

• @Tony33:

Can we maybe forget the Robbie Farah vs JT debacle and enjoy our positive start to the season ?

Jesus, even the individuals themselves have moved on and the organisation seems to be on the same page.

Seriously, it is so so sad…

Anyone who thinks that Robbie isn’t a better hooker then Halatau and won’t offer more in the position, seriously has rocks in their heads…

lets leave the past in the past and move on ?

I’m enjoying this start as much as anyone, but I think it’s only fair that people admit they might have been wrong about Taylor given the way we have started.

• To be fair it is too early to crow about JT.

Newcastle won their first four games last year and look how it wound up for them…

Recent Topics