Wayne Pearce Hill

• Leichhardt Mayor Darcy Byrne wants to name the hill at LO after Junior.

• Maybe they should approve the development, otherwise all that Leichhardt council will have are memories of the Tigers.

• I’m not personally a fan of this - I get the gesture is in the right spirit, but I don’t think you can acknowledge one of that generation of great Balmain players outside of the others. Sirro, Blocker, Benny (despite people’s opinions of post football) were all outstanding one-clubmen who deserve to be acknowledged just as much as Junior does.

In addition, I don’t think we should name the hill after anyone - it’s just the Leichhardt Oval Hill, it doesn’t need a special name.

• Timing is all a bit suss - why now Darcy? The cynic in me would suggest this is more about Darcy trying to get some brownie points from the old Balmain fans, for his own benefit, now that the club is approaching its darkest hour. Perhaps I am way off??? but after everything that HASNT happened I think that Darcy is a master of swinging both ways to protect his own best interests.

• Something doesn’t add up here??
    It’s rare as hen’s teeth to find anything but drunken louts up there and you want to name it after a known tee-totaller. :crazy :crazy :crazy

• @foreverbalmain:

Something doesn’t add up here??
    It’s rare as hen’s teeth to find anything but drunken louts up there and you want to name it after a known tee-totaller. :crazy :crazy :crazy

As someone who has stood at the same spot on that hill with his mates for close to 50 games (not that many but then Kev Naiqama seems pretty happy with the milestone) I can’t think of a better place to be drunk 😃

• @Telltails:

Timing is all a bit suss - why now Darcy? The cynic in me would suggest this is more about Darcy trying to get some brownie points from the old Balmain fans, for his own benefit, now that the club is approaching its darkest hour. Perhaps I am way off??? but after everything that HASNT happened I think that Darcy is a master of swinging both ways to protect his own best interests.

Agreed.
    A feeble token effort…. All in the timing… They’ve had years to do something

Lol… Elias… Benny elias apartment’s on Vic Rd would. Be more. Apt

• The horse has bolted!

• Pass the development DOPY DARCY and forget the suck up.

• Lol nice PR stunt Darcy

• @innsaneink:

@Telltails:

Timing is all a bit suss - why now Darcy? The cynic in me would suggest this is more about Darcy trying to get some brownie points from the old Balmain fans, for his own benefit, now that the club is approaching its darkest hour. Perhaps I am way off??? but after everything that HASNT happened I think that Darcy is a master of swinging both ways to protect his own best interests.

Agreed.
    A feeble token effort…. All in the timing… They’ve had years to do something

Lol… Elias… Benny elias apartment’s on Vic Rd would. Be more. Apt

I agree it’s a feeble effort. If they’d thought about it they’d have named it after Sirro :slight_smile:

• Didn’t he pull this same crap a few months ago when he named a walk way after Laurie. This guy is shameless, even for a politician.

• This is why Balmain is dying. Living in the past.

Its supposed to be a Wests Tigers home ground. Why can’t a hill be named after Robbie Farah or Benji Marshall. Both have played more games for the club than Junior did for Balmain.

Its 1989 forever… ZZZZZZZZzzzzzz

• Thanks for nothing Darcy. Spend your time doing something that will actually help the team that represents the Balmain area.

Wayne Pearce is one of the reasons I became a Tiger despite growing up on a fanatical Dragons household and surrounded by Mutts supporters.

• this may sound crazy or even stupid but maybe name it after a magpies legend? in exchange, maybe campbo can name one of the stands pearce stand or something.

just to show some unity. show everyone that Wests Tigers is 1.

probably not gonna happen which is fair enough too.

Recent Topics