Taupau the coward?

• Banned

Normally when a big guy picks on a little guy or a defenceless person (or woman) we call them a coward. Well that is exactly what Taupau did in Manly verses Wests Tigers last Monday night, he is about 40 kg heavier than Mitch Moses yet attacked him without the ball. That is outside of rugby called a coward’s punch. Fancy having to dip to such low tactics against former team mate and youngster.

• @Byron Bay Fan:

Normally when a big guy picks on a little guy or a defenceless person (or woman) we call them a coward. Well that is exactly what Taupau did in Manly verses Wests Tigers last Monday night, he is about 40 kg heavier than Mitch Moses yet attacked him without the ball. That is outside of rugby called a coward’s punch. Fancy having to dip to such low tactics against former team mate and youngster.

Over dramatising things a bit aren’t we.
    Our forwards would do exactly what TauPau does if and when they could, I didn’t see you complaining about him when he was playing for us,
    I don’t think it’d worry Moses too much
    He’s got a mouth on him anyway, and if he wants to bait opposition forwards, he’ll expect to get something back, and probably will.

• Banned

I did not know that he baits opposition forwards, you made me love the guy even more. What can’t this guy do. But Taupau should have been penalised for attacking a player without the ball.

• @Byron Bay Fan:

I did not know that he baits opposition forwards, you made me love the guy even more. What can’t this guy do. But Taupau should have been penalised for attacking a player without the ball.

I repeat, didn’t see you complaining when he was playing for us.

• Moses gave Marty a slap in that tackle, and Marty replied. Sure he is much bigger but it’s just a bit of footy niggle.

What I like is despite a good end to the match for Marty, we got home pretty strongly, and I reckon that will burn a guy like Marty, the result hanging over him as his ex-teammates grin all week.

• Part of the game.If the little guys do not want to get picked on (as you put it) they are playing the wrong sport.

• Part of the game.If the little guys do not want to get picked on (as you put it) they are playing the wrong sport.

• Coward? No. Competitive? Yes.

• Hardly a coward. Like others have said, if you’re small and don’t want to be targeted, perhaps you should play Rugby.

• ForumSupporter

Attacked…good grief…

• No way Coward , the guy is a beast .

He did seem to have a chip on his shoulders at Leichardt the other night……wonder what he thinks of us now ?

Anyhow Taupau who ? 😆

• It’s in the blood for Moses to niggle, just can’t help himself and Taupau is gullible enough to take the bait. I can only assume that Moses was trying to get under his skin and get Taupau to do something stupid. No damage done so a bit of a storm in a tea cup.

• Coward is a bit personal.
    Def think he displayed some very cat-like behaviour tho.

Soft.

• Maybe not a coward, but definitely a thug. The fend on Johnstone last yr was an example. No it wasn’t illegal but it was a grub act IMO

• @GNR4LIFE:

Maybe not a coward, but definitely a thug. The fend on Johnstone last yr was an example. No it wasn’t illegal but it was a grub act IMO

What?! How was that a grub act? Inglis does it to someone and he’s a superstar for it though huh? Would you have preferred Taupau to have left Johnstone alone and let him have a crack at knocking the footy out of Taupau’s grasp? Crazy statement that one.

Recent Topics