Rothfield hated at Bulldogs Kennel

• Banned

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp…g/news-story/13c31b37e063aefd0b94b0283ab49ecf

Central Coast referee bashing is why David Klemmer should be banned by NRL for ref touching

THIS is the reason why the NRL needs to maintain an absolute zero-tolerance policy on players touching referees at all levels of the game.

While the NRL incidents from last weekend were nowhere near as serious as this disgraceful assault on a referee in Wyong, the message needs to be delivered from the top.

Hundreds of thousands of youngsters watch NRL on TV and at the grounds every weekend.

They have a tendency to copy what their heroes do.

Like when the Fifita brothers Andrew and David verbally assaulted a referee in park football last year.

Canterbury forward Dave Klemmer will face the NRL judiciary tonight on a charge of coming into contact with referee Ben Cummins at Penrith last Thursday night.

It follows his aggressive verbal confrontation with Gerard Sutton in the Good Friday game last year at ANZ Stadium.

It’s a shame rugby league heroes like Brad Fittler, Paul Gallen and Andrew Johns have said this week that Klemmer should escape a suspension.

It’s time we all took a more responsible approach.

http://www.thekennel.net.au/forum/index.php?threads/klemmer-charged.101117/page-17#post-2905400

It turns out that Klemmer is innocent. So what is Rothfield on about??? Finally I can understand why you guys hate him!

• Yeah I hate him too.

Why did Klemmer have to face the judicary but not the other few players, especially when Merrin did it right after him?

Previous record of abusing reffs? I call bs

• Buzz continues to prove he is a loser and out of touch.

• Buzz is practically hated by everyone, even Cronulla fans.

• ForumSupporter

Well I for one would have never guessed that…

• @Milky:

Yeah I hate him too.

Why did Klemmer have to face the judicary but not the other few players, especially when Merrin did it right after him?

Thing about Klemmer is he had carry-over points, so the potential ban was greater. James Roberts copped the same charge but plead guilty and doesn’t miss the week as his record is clean.

Also the difference with the Klemmer issue compared to the other ones is Klemmer walks up to challenge the ref. It’s one thing to touch a ref who backs into you, or who is standing in the way when you are trying to take a scrum - and these are not really acceptable, but deserve a warning.

To run up to a ref, question him, then touch him is about as bad as it gets before you cross the line into assaulting the ref.

• Rothfield hated at Bulldogs Kennel……>>> Rothfield hated by virtually everyone

• @Milky:

Yeah I hate him too.

What is bs about it? Klemmer should never have got off last night as he had previous form is regards to ref abuse. What he did to Cummins wasn’t abuse but it was worth missing at least a week for IMO. Merrin’s was totally different,it wasn’t an action designed to stop the ref from moving which is what Klemmer’s was, there was hardly any touch at all from Merrin.
    Touching the ref in any form needs to be stomped out of our game immediately, no if’s or but’s.
    The ref’s have brought a lot of this on themselves with their matey chatter to players, jokes etc. They need to get back to reffing and not worrying about being a star of the NRL themselves.

• @Spartan117:

Rothfield hated at Bulldogs Kennel……>>> Rothfield hated by virtually everyone

Bourbon Becky thinks he’s a delectable hunk of prime man-meat.

• Not hi- jacking the thread or anything like that. In relation to incidents involving a ref:
    Just a general inquiry:

How long, will the junior player involved in the Central Coast incident, of assaulting the ref, get banned for ?

I would not be surprised if it’s for a minimum of 7-10 years, maybe more.

Thoughts anyone ?

• Probably will be a life ban in regards to the junior player.

• The way he carried on he deserves life…!

• Havent seen the incident, but life bans need to be handed out.
    Sure some refs are vermin in the NRL but we need to protect the blokes that aren’t making a good living out of being a ref. Without the grassroots blokes putting their free time in then the game is doomed.

Recent Topics