Injury Report - Thursday March 17th

• http://www.weststigers.com.au/news/2016/03/17/chemist_warehouse_in.html

Wests Tigers Phyisotherapist Peter Moussa gives the latest injury news and updates heading into Round 3 in this week’s Chemist Warehouse Injury Report.

Forced off with a hamstring injury in Monday night’s win over the Sea Eagles, Curtis Sironen has suffered a slight strain and will miss approximately three to four weeks.

The news, however is better for Robbie Farah, Matt Ballin and Justin Hunt, who have all been progressing well and will be available for selection in the coming weeks.

Chemist Warehouse Injury Report: Round 3

Joel Edwards (concussion) — Returning this week

Robbie Farah (knee) — Round 4

Justin Hunt (back) — Round 5-6

Curtis Sironen (hamstring) — Round 6-7

Matt Ballin (knee) — Round 10 approx.

• So the main points to take out:

• Robbie back next week
    • Siro missing until round 7

We will probably see this line up for the next 4-6 weeks:

1. Tedesco
    2. Nofoaluma
    3. Simona
    4. Naqaima
    5. Rankin
    6. Moses
    7. Brooks
    8. Woods
    9. Farah
    10. Grant
    11. Halatau
    12. Lawerence
    13. Sue

14. Cherrington
    15. Lovett
    16. Ava
    17. Ailoai

I actually really like it

• Love how much more professional we are towards players welfare. A few years ago we would have thrown Joel Edwards into the deep end. Now we are looking at a 20 minute block in a lower grade before he will be considered.

• Looks very good. Ballin should be back around Origin time and ready to fill in for the Broncos game. Really looking forward to seeing Edwards. Hope he’s selected for the Easter Monday game.

• @sheer64:

Love how much more professional we are towards players welfare.

Agree Sheer64

This was the 1st thing Coach JT flagged as needing attention here at the Wests Tigers when he replaced Mick Potter at the end of 2014.

The club seems to be on top off and experiencing less injuries along with having adequate depth.

I am positive about the direction that the Club is headed.

• Ps hanging to see Robbie Farah back in the squad for the EELs game.

• Not to beat a dead horse but if Siro comes back and he’s the same old Siro, I hope people aren’t going to play the injury card again.

• @GNR4LIFE:

Not to beat a dead horse but if Siro comes back and he’s the same old Siro, I hope people aren’t going to play the injury card again.

GNR ,I said in a preseason thread ,this year Sirro must stand up and be counted,he can no longer live off reputation and hype …he must prove his worth to this team game after game…

• If it enhances our chances in keeping the trio of Brooks , Moses and Teddy ? well it’s time to go Sirro .
    Not bothered about him to be honest , don’t wish him any harm but wouldn’t be upset if he went to another Club .

• I really don’t like to bring this up after a promising start to the season, but it now seems Ballin is going to be unavailable for nearly a quarter of his contract with an injury the club knew he had before signing him. Whichever way you slice it, that’s moronic roster management.

• @2041:

I really don’t like to bring this up after a promising start to the season, but it now seems Ballin is going to be unavailable for nearly a quarter of his contract with an injury the club knew he had before signing him. Whichever way you slice it, that’s moronic roster management.

His contract is for 24 months and we are paying less than half of it….is that moronic roster management or astute buying…?

• Sirro was good at the backend if last year coming back from injury. With our greater depth this year when he comes back he should be good to go. May need to work his way back through nsw cup

• @tigerap:

@2041:

I really don’t like to bring this up after a promising start to the season, but it now seems Ballin is going to be unavailable for nearly a quarter of his contract with an injury the club knew he had before signing him. Whichever way you slice it, that’s moronic roster management.

His contract is for 24 months and we are paying less than half of it….is that moronic roster management or astute buying…?

His contract is for two seasons, and he’s likely to miss close to half of the first one with an injury he was carrying when we signed him. That’s nearly a quarter, regardless of how many months are on the contract (the team isn’t likely to get great value out of him in December).

He’s also an old player with a very serious injury. I don’t care how much of a discount is involved, it’s a ludicrous risk to sign a player who won’t play at all for a quarter of their contract, has to have serious question marks over their ability to rehab fully and will be a significant injury risk going forward.

Even if the Tigers had got rid of Farah, surely the only season for which they’ll need a first grade hooker would have been this one (as by 2017 one would like to think Cherrington will be ready and Liddle might be able to do bench time). So signing a guy who’s going to miss half of 2016 is crackers.

Recent Topics