@swag tiger:

@GNR4LIFE:

@swag tiger:

What is wrong with Eastwood?

Injured in the warm up apparently.

How long is he out for?

No idea mate

@WestsSupporter:

Individual brilliance from Semi Radradra tipped the balance of the game. The thing I got out of it is if the Bulldogs’ structure breaks down, their attack is still stale and unimaginative. So obviously you have to win the battle up front…like every game. But the Dogs seem to be the absolute worst when they need to play off the cuff.

I agree. Reynolds and Mbye are only dangerous on the very front-foot. I think reduced interchange is hurting Dogs and Parra have shown that if you commit numbers in defence and good line speed, you totally blunt the Dogs forward drive.

E.g. Kasiano needs space to wind up. Tolman and Graham are slow, not so hard to stop 1-1. Klemmer is also pretty slow.

this will be a massive game! both in terms of our season and the crowd itself

if we win tonight and the weathers good it’'ll pull 50k again. hell, it could do even better given the form of both teams (2-1 for the eels and 2-1/3-0 from us)

if we can win it i’d say missing the 8 would be a very poor finish for the team. even 9th or 10th wouldnt be good enough. but let’s see how we go tonight first

@GNR4LIFE:

@swag tiger:

@GNR4LIFE:

@swag tiger:

What is wrong with Eastwood?

How long is he out for?

No idea mate

Was it a bad injury?

@happy tiger:

Dogs 46 missed tackles

Says a lot

Jackson had 8 alone

Happy - I think if the rest of the team had the focus on tackling like Jackson - the Eels would not have won. He was sensational, tackled himself to a standstill.

@swag tiger:

@GNR4LIFE:

@swag tiger:

@GNR4LIFE:

How long is he out for?

No idea mate

Was it a bad injury?

Mate, i have no idea. Trade him out anyway he’s rubbish. I’m sure they’d know on the kennel.

3 tough games in a row for them - we’ll make it 4. Hopefully off field dramas start to affect their mind set. Unlikely, but one can hope. I don’t think we can contain Semi. He’s on a mission.

Not overly convinced with Parra at this point, or the Bulldogs. Or us. Not any of those teams has been tested by having to play interstate yet- that is when a team can spout its title credentials- by beating the Cows, Brisbane and perhaps Melbourne away.
Parra got seasily beaten by the Broncos and beat a Bulldogs side that was gifted a victory against a poor-performing Panthers team.
A win today for us will be a really positive sign, even though it isn’t against a premiership contender.

So our game vs Parra is on the Monday? No double header? The NRL are morons when it comes to promoting their product, enticing crowds and providing value for money. Ameteurs at best.

@Fade To Black:

So our game vs Parra is on the Monday? No double header? The NRL are morons when it comes to promoting their product, enticing crowds and providing value for money. Ameteurs at best.

Easter Monday game.
Should be atleast 40k crowd.

@GNR4LIFE:

@swag tiger:

@GNR4LIFE:

@swag tiger:

How long is he out for?

No idea mate

Was it a bad injury?

Mate, i have no idea. Trade him out anyway he’s rubbish. I’m sure they’d know on the kennel.

i am am switching some other players first.

@Sabre:

@Fade To Black:

Easter Monday game.

If they had scheduled another game at ANZ with it you could probably expect a crowd of 60000 or so. An opportunity lost I reckon.

@Fade To Black:

@Sabre:

@Fade To Black:

Easter Monday game.

If they had scheduled another game at ANZ with it you could probably expect a crowd of 60000 or so. An opportunity lost I reckon.

So true. We saw in the Big Bash League, the Administrators were super particular about fixtures and took all sorts of things into consideration. We saw 82k at the MCG because the game had been so hyped since before the season started. 50k tickets sold out before Christmas to Adelaide Oval on New Years Eve, it was more than just a cricket game. There were after-match fireworks, entertainment, it was a big party (and most importantly a fun family event).

NRL still has a long way to go. You can’t just expect fans to show up, even if a team is going well. You have to put a lot of thought into fixtures.

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme

Can’t log in or access your account?
Send an email to contact@weststigersforum.com and we’ll get you back online.