Chee Kam

• Has he not played a game in 3 weeks because he is an emergency for 1st grade but never gets a game? If so, that it not good at all.

• Played NSW cup last week in the centres

• Yep he played last week but he’s going to be seriously short of match fitness.
    It’s a bit strange.

• Thanks for the info.
    You wouldn’t think he would be overly impressed sitting out to often on the off chance of getting a run in 1sts.
    For the 20 minutes or so that a replacement would be normally called upon to do wouldn’t it just be easy enough to include a bloke from the State Cup game if it is played on the same arvo?

• I think he would prefer being 18th man then 26th man. No one likes missing out but they are paid to be part of a squad. Thats what happens.

• I think he would prefer to play footy than sit in the stands.

• He has gotta be better than Buchanan

• @tigerap:

He has gotta be better than Buchanan

No doubting he is. Problem is Buchanan is a middle forward where as Chee-Kam plays on the edges. It’s like comparing apples and oranges.

In saying that, surely there has to be another middle forward at the club who offers more.

Griffin ? Felise ? Graham ? Fiagatusa ?

• Hoping Edwards comes in before Chee Kam.

• ForumSupporter

Felt for Chee-Kam last night especially in the last 5 min of the warm up when he was the sole tackle bag…. gang tackled by every member of the 17…

If a spot opens in the back row or centres he will debut for us …i have a feeling that’s not far away…

• Anyone else thinking Chee-Kam in for Lovett & either Edwards or Griffin for Buchanan?

• @GNR4LIFE:

Hoping Edwards comes in before Chee Kam.

Agreed not because I think Edwards is better,but his game is based on hard defence and that is what we need. Teams keep racking up plenty of points against us and like in the past we look soft around the ruck. Cheers Kam on the other hand is more of a attacking style player

• @greatodensraven:

Anyone else thinking Chee-Kam in for Lovett & either Edwards or Griffin for Buchanan?

The question I would like to ask raven is,why did we recruit Griffin,a rep player for PNG,but not at least give him a bench spot in favour of Lovett for a game just to see what he brings to the game…I also understand that Chee-Kam did well at NRL level for the Sea eagles ,why not give him a run,instead of leaving him on the pine…I suppose the coach knows best…I’m only speculating…

• @TrueTiger:

@greatodensraven:

Anyone else thinking Chee-Kam in for Lovett & either Edwards or Griffin for Buchanan?

The question I would like to ask raven is,why did we recruit Griffin,a rep player for PNG,but not at least give him a bench spot in favour of Lovett for a game just to see what he brings to the game…I also understand that Chee-Kam did well at NRL level for the Sea eagles ,why not give him a run,instead of leaving him on the pine…I suppose the coach knows best…I’m only speculating…

You & me both. We need more balance in the side for when our starting props go off. I think either Edwards (esp in def) or Griffin should’ve given a chance to show what they can do. Same with Chee-Kam on the edge.

• One loss in & calls for changes come flooding in.

Lovett has performed pretty well so far this season. And the Tigers forwards have, by & large, been far improved on what was offered last season.

Chee Kam needs to win a spot through whatever time he gets on the field, but more likely in training. It could simply be that the coaches think we are attacking well enough with the players on the field & are trying to include a few more defensively minded players to compete with our short comings.

Using Griffin’s “international” status as a reason to put him on the bench completely overlooks that this is a guy brought out of reserve grade. This is a career reserve grader. Not an ‘international’.

Edwards, once he gets match fitness, is the most likely to be brought in.

Recent Topics