Chris Lawrence charged

Grade 1 dangerous throw.
Suspended for 1 week either way if he takes the early plea or fights it and doesn’t get off.

Watto said there was nothing in it……roll the dice if that’s the case…saw a stat that 50% who go to the judiciary and contest get off…4/4 last week did get off…

Dangerous throws are the NRL’s pet hate,very hard to beat. Probably good for Chris to have a week off and freshen up for the Sharks game, because I got the feeling Parra will beat us who ever we select at present,they have a pretty strong settled line up

Foran was charged too but will escape suspension with an early guilty plea 😦

Seriously though, was a joke that he was even charged.

@GNR4LIFE:

foran or lawrence?

pretty obvious they have a no tolerance for touching of the ref that could have been avoided. esp when theyre making decisions.

forans seemed fair, soon as i saw it i knew thatd be a grade 1

@pHyR3:

@GNR4LIFE:

foran or lawrence?

pretty obvious they have a no tolerance for touching of the ref that could have been avoided. esp when theyre making decisions.

forans seemed fair, soon as i saw it i knew thatd be a grade 1

Their interpretation is ridiculous.

I’ll take the week for Rowdy’s tackle. If he wasn’t a cleanskin that was a 2 weeker under the current laws.

Personally I thought it was a great hit but rules are rules. No use fighting ones that are black and white.

^Shame he didn’t spear-tackle Badger. That would be a holiday well earnt.

Guerra opened the door last year when he admitted players put their heads down in order to get a penalty. I think there was som “simulation” involved

If Rowdy is going to miss a game might as well throw Chee-Kam into the backrow for that speed and agility on the edge. I think Aloiai is best served on the bench still.

I’d like MCK, but I reckon we’ll get Halatau and Lovett.

i hope he challenges it. can’t afford to lose both our starting backrowers

Chee-Kam will replace Rowdy as I said above he should challenge as the result is the same 1 game or none but I don’t think they are going too…

In all seriousness the Tigers probably cannot waste the money to contest the charge. A good barrister can charge 5000 plus a day . Money buys a good defence and we are broke. I bet he takes the charge

It is only a grade 1 charge which is all it deserved to be but there is no doubt he did it.I know some people dont see it that way but i want all players to be charged for tackles like that, i want the players to be protected on the field.
The most disturbing thing i saw in many of the games is the lack of protection given to players kicking the ball with late tackles i thought this was outlawed.

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme

Can’t log in or access your account?
Send an email to contact@weststigersforum.com and we’ll get you back online.