NRL should help poor Roosters sign superstars

• A reminder, no disguised swearing…

Bulldog’s Bite: NRL should help poor Roosters sign superstars
    I’m sick and tired of reading and hearing about the NRL’s fat war chest.

Here is a tip for new NRL CEO Todd Greenberg. Try using it!

One of Greenberg’s first tasks should be trying to lure Jarryd Hayne and Sonny Bill Williams back to the NRL.

And the club that needs those two superstars right now is the Sydney Roosters, yet to register a win this year.

Williams appears keen on a comeback to rugby league while Hayne may also return if new 49ers head coach Chip Kelly moves in a different direction.

Both would want big bucks though to return. So let’s give it to them.

NRL management just signed a $1.9 billion broadcasting deal. Let’s free up some cash and lure back the best athletes - athletes rugby league nurtured and developed.

The Roosters are crashing and burning and they want Williams and Hayne.

The money is sitting in there in a war chest. For goodness sake, let’s dig in and make a few withdrawals.

By Dean Ritchie Updated at 9:15 p.m. ET

http://www.sportingnews.com/league-news/4699274-bulldogs-bite-nrl-should-help-poor-roosters-sign-superstars

• This is a joke right?

• Defies belief but then it is Ritchie

• Errrr I think my head just exploded.
    Bit early for April fools jokes telegraph jurnos… Then again, everyday is April fools for that lot.
    Scary part is this kind of mentality will probably be shared by many that matter.

• I dont need no disguised swearing
    Im sure my thoughts are resonating right now after reading this from old mate Ritchie

Lost the plot much ?

• If they want a superstar they should go for Benji. If they can’t get him, maybe Lassie. Either could strike up a close bond with Mitchell Pearce in the halves

• this article must have been published 10 days early.

• Is this guy kidding??? Broncos need at least 1 of those players…Ok, maybe both. :roll

• Geez there’s a bloke desperate for attention…

• Banned

Lol
    Unbelievable. This has to be a joke.

• The way he’s written “Poor Roosters” I’m thinking p!ss take

• He is obviously having a joke nobody could take those comments seriously

• Was definitely written tongue in cheek…

• Banned

@Harvey:

If they want a superstar they should go for Benji. If they can’t get him, maybe Lassie. Either could strike up a close bond with Mitchell Pearce in the halves

Terrific, actually I feel sorry for the bloke if for years he gets ribbed about this - almost enough to put him back on the amber fluid

• @Byron Bay Fan:

@Harvey:

If they want a superstar they should go for Benji. If they can’t get him, maybe Lassie. Either could strike up a close bond with Mitchell Pearce in the halves

Terrific, actually I feel sorry for the bloke if for years he gets ribbed about this - almost enough to put him back on the amber fluid

On the contrary, it should be a ringing endorsement not to ever get back on the squirt again.

Recent Topics