Broncos V Cowboys

• Now that’s how to play football!!!

I’d be surprised if we see another game as good as that all year.
    That’s the level we have to be at if we’re any hope, that’s the benchmark and from what I’ve seen not many teams are anywhere near that level.
    Barring injury to key players, these two sides will be playing in a rematch of last years GF.

Outstanding entertainment and a fantastic advertisement for our great game.

• A superb game. Edge of your seat stuff, especially in the second half. Loved it.
    We can only dream of playing like that consistantly Tiger.

• Banned

Game of the year. Doubt we’ll see a game come close to this until finals.

• There’s daylight between those two teams and the 14 others.

• The supposed best player in the game misses an easy tackle on Anthony Milford - from a scrum - to let the opposition go back in front in the dying stages of the game.

he’s been soft since the 05 GF 😉

no but actually I am glad the Cows won last year, in fact I stood up and cheered, I am equally glad the Broncs won tonight cos I tipped them

• To be fair I think Milford would have anyone’s measure when lined up like that. Especially after 78 minutes.

Wonderful game. Cruel game. On balance i thought the Cows were the better side.

• If Thurston is “Soft” Winnipeg, since 2005, what games have you been watching?

He is not supposedly the best player - he is!

Give me 17 soft players every week then.

• @Russell:

If Thurston is “Soft” Winnipeg, since 2005, what games have you been watching?

He is not supposedly the best player - he is!

Give me 17 soft players every week then.

I think there may have been some sarcasm involved there.

• This was a cracking game, had a Semi final intensity to it.
    Bennett is the master at how to grind out games with his sides. They kicked 4 penalty goals and played the percentages well.
    How does the Broncos have that side under the Cap?

• @foreveratiger:

This was a cracking game, had a Semi final intensity to it.
    Bennett is the master at how to grind out games with his sides. They kicked 4 penalty goals and played the percentages well.

Bennett got lucky , he had the Bunker on his side. The Morgan no Try , where the Broncos defender was obstructed was BS !

As for the Broncos being under the cap , The thoroubred’s (happy tiger & co ) supply the TPA’s

• @hobbo2803:

@foreveratiger:

This was a cracking game, had a Semi final intensity to it.

Bennett got lucky , he had the Bunker on his side. The Morgan no Try , where the Broncos defender was obstructed was BS !

As for the Broncos being under the cap , The thoroubred’s (happy tiger & co ) supply the TPA’s

Yeah I agree.

There was no way that defender that supposedly got impeded by Ethan Lowe was going to stop Morgan scoring that try.
    Common sense is no longer in the game and soon enough decoy runners are going to be ruled as visually impeding in the Refs view 😒

• Shame it was decided in golden point.
    I would prefer no golden point and give them a point each for a draw, makes the ladder positioning more interesting come finals time.

• @foreveratiger:

I doubt the Broncos have fielded a side under the cap since it was introduced to our game FT.
    They have always been playing under different rules than most other clubs and then have the hide to whinge when something doesn’t go their way once in a blue moon.

• @Fade To Black:

@foreveratiger:

I doubt the Broncos have fielded a side under the cap since it was introduced to our game FT.
    They have always been playing under different rules than most other clubs and then have the hide to whinge when something doesn’t go their way once in a blue moon.

Then Bennett has a nerve to ask Gillette to take a pay cut to remain at the Broncos 😆, how ironic.

• Banned

#broncoscap
    Dodgy third party agreements.
    Players taking pay cuts because of the lure of playing in Brisbane.
    No competition for salary because they are a one town team in a massive city.
    Did I mention they live in a massive city where they are the only team? they have more juniors than anyone. Also, unlike Melbourne, Queensland is rugby league mad.

On Bennett’s issue with golden point, I’m not a fan of it either.
    We should play 5 minutes each way of extra time. If a team scores, it’s not game over.
    In finals matches, it should be 10 minutes each way and if the scores are still locked up after both halves, from there it is golden point.

Recent Topics