I hate contract rumors....

Saw this tonight….

Options for Roosters
The assumption is that, should Jarryd Hayne come back to the NRL, he will be at the Roosters. And the tri-colours are well and truly in the mix if Hayne doesn’t cut it in the NFL. But they are also eyeing James Tedesco should he want out at Wests Tigers. Tedesco is contracted until the end of next year, but the future Blues custodian is definitely on the radar of Chooks powerbrokers.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/sin-bin/benji-marshall-has-three-more-seasons-of-nrl-in-him-says-new-manager-20160326-gnrf9d.html#ixzz4468D1aYB
Follow us: @smh on Twitter | sydneymorningherald on Facebook

i hate when people post contract rumours.

jokes,
i love it.
more discussion the better.

i gotta feeling Hayne will be back soon….

But why would players want out ?

Better Coach
More Money
Better Opportunities

So the question is do the Tigers offer these or more to retain or attract players?

The way Tedesco is playing who wouldn’t be chasing him!? The other thing is would rival teams be hesitant to talk to him given he changed his mind about the raiders?

I would like to think that seeing as we’re cleaning the slate completely from 2018 onwards then we have a full cap to re-sign whoever we want. Woods, Teddy, Brooks & Moses being the priority.

I don’t think the Roosters will be the biggest threat when it comes to retaining Teddy. Latrell Mitchell is already showing promise and by next year when Teddy’s contract is up for discussion I suspect they’ll have Mitchell penciled in as their long-term fullback.

The roosters are 0-4 this season, and don’t look like changing that anytime soon.

Explain to me again why they look like a better option?

Hayne won’t be back any time soon

Why would they let RTS go if they’ve got money to sign Hayne or Tedesco? If they did this it would open up the TPA stuff which will potentially backfire on them.

@Yossarian:

Why would they let RTS go if they’ve got money to sign Hayne or Tedesco? If they did this it would open up the TPA stuff which will potentially backfire on them.

It’s called timing… They perhaps have more cap space in 2018 than they do in 2016…

@tigerap:

@Yossarian:

It’s called timing… They perhaps have more cap space in 2018 than they do in 2016…

It’s called shooting the breeze… None of this is based on anything other than speculation.

@Yossarian:

RTS slipped under their radar. He wanted back in NZ I am guessing.

I wouldn’t be losing too much sleep over this one…

@Geo.:

I wouldn’t be losing too much sleep over this one…

Either would I

He’s going to the Titans instead

😆

@Yossarian:

They’ve already said that they have 600,000 left for this year.

@goldcoast tiger:

@Yossarian:

They’ve already said that they have 600,000 left for this year.

They say a lot of things. I don’t put too much stock in what comes out of that club.

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme

Can’t log in or access your account?
Send an email to contact@weststigersforum.com and we’ll get you back online.