I hate contract rumors....

@sheer64:

@Yossarian:

Why would they let RTS go if they’ve got money to sign Hayne or Tedesco? If they did this it would open up the TPA stuff which will potentially backfire on them.

RTS slipped under their radar. He wanted back in NZ I am guessing.

Supposedly they couldn’t match the Warriors offer. Ditto Maloney. I’m not sure I buy it. I think they thought they had cover and it didn’t work out. Well not thus far anyway.

@Muffstar:

But why would players want out ?

Better Coach
More Money
Better Opportunities

So the question is do the Tigers offer these or more to retain or attract players?

We’ll see just how good the coach is with a week roster.

@jctiger:

Hayne won’t be back any time soon

He will be if doesn’t get picked up in the NFL.

Tedesco is on the radar of just about every club come 2018.

First thing you do in roster management is get a hold of every player coming off contract at every other club, and weight up your priorities / options. This is called being on the radar. Elijah Taylor is currently on the radar, Cooper Cronk is on the radar, Charlie Gubb is on the radar.

I hate people’s best 17 being posted each week more than I hate contract rumors.

I heard Wests Tigers were in negociation to do a straigh swap between Tedesco & Falou with the ARU

@Chris:

I hate people’s best 17 being posted each week more than I hate contract rumors.

I’m sure that’s how it works at board level. Some of them are still weighing up that Lawrence/Nonu centre combination.

@Tiger Watto:

I heard Wests Tigers were in negociation to do a straigh swap between Tedesco & Falou with the ARU

Nice try Watto.

If it’s not true, why worry about it?

We have good young players, a potentially great club, but I can’t see players lining up to play under Taylor.

@851:

We have good young players, a potentially great club, but I can’t see players lining up to play under Taylor.

Coach is just one of a number of things a player would consider before signing a contract, but I think the money and the length of the deal are the first consideration and of course the clubs potential standing in the NRL.

As for Taylor, if we finish outside the eight, and that is likely, he will be a dead duck

What happened to ONE CLUB guys
They seem non existent chasing the coin

I don’t blame them
NRL should regulate Salaries based on player grading and performance - AWARD WAGES for NRL
And incentive based allowances for tries or performances

We will have none of the salary cap issues, TPAs and doddging up books like Parra did

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme

Can’t log in or access your account?
Send an email to contact@weststigersforum.com and we’ll get you back online.