Ellis Vs Burgess.

Had a lively debate with a rabid Souths fan yesterday as to whom is the best Englishman in the NRL currently is.
Even without my Tiger Tinted Lenses, I would go for probably go for Ellis over Burgess.

Burgess is the more explosive player and as such will standout more in attack, but Ellis gets through more work than Burgess does.

I still think Ellis is yet to show his best in attack with us, his defence though is simply superb and his workload is phenomenal.

I wouldn’t swap Ellis for Burgess personally although I do rate Burgess highly.

The minutes Ellis plays and what he delivers in those minutes far outweighs Burgess at this stage

Ellis’s stats are very very solid - definitely glad we have a player like this in our forward pack

Rd 1
16 runs for 120m
24 tackles

Rd 2
4 hitups for 51m
23 tackles

Rd 3
16 hitups for 184m
25 tackles

Rd 4
8 hitups for 97m
29 tackles

I’d probably say Burgess, he is a lot younger and is yet to fully find his feet in the NRL. He might not have the workrate Gaz has, but he has a lot more impact on the games.

I wouldn’t swap Ellis for any other second rower in the comp. Burgess is only young and will improve with age but for now I’m happy Ellis is a Tiger.

@willow:

I wouldn’t swap Ellis for any other second rower in the comp. Burgess is only young and will improve with age but for now I’m happy Ellis is a Tiger.

… Yep… i am happy with Ellis… wouldnt trade him for anyone…

@TIGERS:

Had a lively debate with a rabid Souths fan yesterday as to whom is the best Englishman in the NRL currently is.
Even without my Tiger Tinted Lenses, I would go for probably go for Ellis over Burgess.

Ellis has been an outstanding performer for over a season now. Sam Burgess has had one good game.

Where 's the argument?

would be good to have em both!

@TheSunTanSuperman:

@TIGERS:

Ellis has been an outstanding performer for over a season now. Sam Burgess has had one good game.

Where 's the argument?

Tri-Nations final

Souths fans reckon Meritt should have played origin…. they are gooses

@Marshall_magic:

@TheSunTanSuperman:

@TIGERS:

Where 's the argument?

Tri-Nations final

Burgess had a good game and scored some tries but Ellis had the better overall performance for mine.

@Kaiser:

They also think it is a crime if No Champion is not picked as first choice centre for the Blues.

Thats the problem when you over cordial your metho I guess

@smeghead:

They also think it is a crime if No Champion is not picked as first choice centre for the Blues.

Thats the problem when you over cordial your metho I guess

Hahaha… god damn i hate souths fans… lol

@Kaiser:

geese even

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme