Brooks and Moses = Way too kick happy

• They lack so much patience. Sure the kicks will pay off sometimes like against Manly, but then they’ll be more times they don’t. They both went for the big play with the kick to the winger before the 5th. They need to reign it in.

• Imo one has to go!!!

• @maxxy86:

Imo one has to go!!!

Wouldn’t go that far but they if we’re looking for guys to constantly go for the low percentage play we might as well bring Marshall back.

• @maxxy86:

Imo one has to go!!!

Littlejohn played very well in the first round when he deputised for Moses. I wonder what his chances are of replacing Brooks next week.

• I mentioned in a recent post that these 2 may go play somewhere else and tear us apart. I’m sick and tired of the garbage these 2 come up with 9 out of 10 games. I haven’t seen today’s game but listened to it driving home from Townsville. The ABC commentators were not very complimentary to them. In fact they said that they were awful today. Surely we can’t pay these 2 top dollar for consistently bad performances. They’ve lost me.

• @cqtiger:

I mentioned in a recent post that these 2 may go play somewhere else and tear us apart. I’m sick and tired of the garbage these 2 come up with 9 out of 10 games. I haven’t seen today’s game but listened to it driving home from Townsville. The ABC commentators were not very complimentary to them. In fact they said that they were awful today. Surely we can’t pay these 2 top dollar for consistently bad performances. They’ve lost me.

When the defence isn’t really tight , they look good. But I don’t remember seeing two hyped halves who get tied down so easily against a good first grade defence. They can’t say that they haven’t had a fair go. I’d like to see more of Littlejohn.

• Banned

@cqtiger:

I mentioned in a recent post that these 2 may go play somewhere else and tear us apart. I’m sick and tired of the garbage these 2 come up with 9 out of 10 games. I haven’t seen today’s game but listened to it driving home from Townsville. The ABC commentators were not very complimentary to them. In fact they said that they were awful today. Surely we can’t pay these 2 top dollar for consistently bad performances. They’ve lost me.

They were so bad. They are in key positions and have to make the right decisions at the right time. They pushed passes, passed behind players and put up poor kicks at the wrong time. It was a lesson in what not to do.

• Brooks was gone all game, he was often out of position and bent over gasping for air. No idea if he was injured but Moses played most of the game at halfback & 5/8th with no support from Brooks at all.

• Parra’s halves weren’t much better.,all they did was bomb to Teddy…and they paid much more for their halves than we did.
    Brooks pulled off a couple of big tackles

• There was no need for Moses to kick it after we got the ball back from the stray pass. Parra defence was in tatters, all he had to do was put it through the hands, and he goes for the hero play.

• @Mighty Tiger:

Brooks was gone all game, he was often out of position and bent over gasping for air. No idea if he was injured but Moses played most of the game at halfback & 5/8th with no support from Brooks at all.

If it is still possible to view the videos from the early season trip to the Central Coast, you will see Brooks struggling running up stairs and being passed by some big forwards. He was obviously no where near the condition you would expect from a young half-back at any time of the year. Is he still in poor condition?

• I think it’s now or never for our coach to make a big call and drop one of our halves and bring in Littlejohn. Seems like he handled round 1 and has played well since in reserves.

• @GNR4LIFE:

There was no need for Moses to kick it after we got the ball back from the stray pass. Parra defence was in tatters, all he had to do was put it through the hands, and he goes for the hero play.

Yes but that play actually worked - Simona caught the ball and passed to Rankin who had the line wide open and he fell over.

Moses also put in a perfect little chip for Nofoluma which should have been a try but Nofa was slow and behind the play

Brooks on the other hand kicked it out on the 3rd tackle when kicking to the wing.

Moses is the future , Brooks isn’t anywhere near the same level and imo won’t be

• @GNR4LIFE:

There was no need for Moses to kick it after we got the ball back from the stray pass. Parra defence was in tatters, all he had to do was put it through the hands, and he goes for the hero play.

That was so dumb , I can’t believe we didn’t score then .
    Not only do both halves go for the poor percentage hero play , they also hit panic stations far too often .

• Banned

Moses plays so much better when Brooks isn’t there……

I can get the hype around Moses but not entirely sold on Brooks…

JLJ maybe deserves a run again,

Also, Farah way too slow for the modern game…his service to the halves is very poor today

Recent Topics