Davis/Pritchard - maybe in the next life

wouldn’t be nice that Sheens would replace a centre with a centre. but i guess that wont happen, jus watch fitzhenry get the nod on the wing. Its a shame isnt it - good on fitzhenry but just wouldnt it be nice to davis or pritchard getting a run against the cowboys - we can dream :sign:

AMX,

I dont agree with playing Fitzy either but most coaches prefer to draw from their top 20 players rather than using lower graders. It is common practice these days.

I would personally prefer to use either Davis or Pritchard, than Fitzy, even without ever having seen them play.

@AmericanHistoryX:

Arent they good enough?

I said I would prefer to play them.

As a centre Davis maybe. If Akeripa was fit it would be a yes for him.

As far as NRL I don’t view Pritchard as anything more than a winger

@smeghead:

Pritchard is top class centre. He can play wing but is not a winger He represented throughout his career as a 5/8 and centre and plays his best football when he gets his hands on the ball. Look at the tries the wingers scored outside him at Wests last year. He is big, fast and powerful,and is not afraid to take the line on.
A West official stated at the game on Sunday ’ that kid is dangerous every time he touches the ball’ .
I have watched this boy blossom since he came to us last year and believe given the chance in first grade he will be outstanding!

Fair enough. It’s a matter of opinion I guess.

I don’t see him as an NRL centre even though he may have excelled there in junior football and State Cup. An NRL winger yes as he has the pace and elusiveness required.

I wish him the best but for mine not a NRL centre

Which ones contracted to Wests Tigers. I reckon Sheens will select from within the top 25. He’s done it before.

Neither are Top 25. Both are Top 40

A nuggety bustling runner with decent pace like Davis would go well in the centres in the Tigers backline IMO. Same for Pritchard, but on the wing as Smeg suggested, he is a very good finisher and broken field runner.

It’s a real pity Akeripa only just returned from injury because if he were match fit and in good form, he could be very dangerous with his size and strength.

@smeghead:

NRL PLAYERS PROFILE
Rhys Pritchard
Date of Birth : 8 February, 1987
Height : 182 cm
Weight : 87 kg
Position : <big>Centre</big>
Rep. Honours : Nil
Junior Clubs : Wyong
Previous Clubs : Western Suburbs Magpies
FG Debut : Yet to play for Wests Tigers.
Club Debut : Yet to play for Wests Tigers.

@tomcat:

@smeghead:

NRL PLAYERS PROFILE
Rhys Pritchard

Geez, you’re clutching at straws looking at the player profiles. The same profiles used to have fitzy as five-eighth and Morris as a halfback.

Would be good to see an up and coming player given a chance….that is if they are any good…reports from this site is that they are. Was under the impression Davis was a Centre and Pritchard a winger…ie that is where they are playing in the lower grades. Based on the reports on them I’d give them both a chance in those positions. Lets see what happens…if no good then nothing ventured nothing gained. But what if…they shine? If there was opportunity for one or both it would be this week against Nth Qld. Would silence the critics once and for all and I for one would accept all decisions made by the Coaching Team - who in reality are in the best position to make the best decisions for the club. I am sure we will be discussing the Team announcement very soon.

@weststigerman:

@tomcat:

@smeghead:

NRL PLAYERS PROFILE
Rhys Pritchard

Geez, you’re clutching at straws looking at the player profiles. The same profiles used to have fitzy as five-eighth and Morris as a halfback.

can you tell me what position Pritchard played in last year for wests ?,AND what position he played when he made his appearance in the NSW residents side?? i"ll give you a hint, it’s the position just inside winger… 😆

Sorry just don’t see him as an NRL centre. Happy to be proven wrong of course but at this point I do not see it regardless of his positioning in State Cup last season.

His positioning this season would seem to suggest that Sheens views him as more a winger than a centre as well.

Time will tell of course

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme