Decision not to Take the 2 with 10 to go?

• Did that come from Wood’s? Everyone around us at the game was gob smacked including Parra fans that when you need to score twice in such a short time and you have not scored once in 70 minutes, you take the 2. Bring it back to a converted try, puts pressure on parra. Then you work for a try, and a field gold maybe in extra time to win.
    Is this inexperience in the captaincy from Woods, or was he off, or did the decision come from the sideline?

• Seemed like the correct call to me. Scoring a try first opens up more possibilities - a penalty to even up, a try to win. Taking 2 points chews up time and loses field position. At 6-8 if you get a kickable penalty with a minute to go you don’t have to worry about time.

Plus it’s not like we have a sharpshooter kicking goals. At 2-8 the next score has to be a converted try. At 4-8 there id still time for another try.

Correct call for me.

• Everything is 20-20 in hindsight.

• I don’t know about this. I agree with the thinking and I usually say to take the 2 but in this case I think it was touch 'n go. On hindsight you are probably right. Not sure whether Woods was on or not but as a side note he has not asserted himself at all during crucial moments so the jury is certainly out on his captaincy.

• Correct call for me as well.

• @bigsiro:

I don’t know about this. I agree with the thinking and I usually say to take the 2 but in this case I think it was touch 'n go. On hindsight you are probably right. Not sure whether Woods was on or not but as a side note he has not asserted himself at all during crucial moments so the jury is certainly out on his captaincy.

Woods took on too much yesterday playing almost the full match. He doesn’t seem to b the type of good communicator which is very crucial to the captaincy role.

• With the penalty on the siren, thought we were going to knock back the 2, take the tap and go for a field goal to cap off the day and take GI off the High/lowlites real

• I was more bemused they didn’t take the 2 points with 1 second of play remaining. As we saw last year, for and against can be the difference between 16th and 15th.

• @Gary Bakerloo:

I was more bemused they didn’t take the 2 points with 1 second of play remaining. As we saw last year, for and against can be the difference between 16th and 15th.

Maybe negative but Taylor would surely agree.

• I thought at the time to go for 2 just for the mindset. Instead of having to score twice to win. Who knows but I think if we had another 80 mins we still wouldn’t have crossed the line.

• Imo i thought we should of taken the two,rather dumb that we didn’t but really if your down by 8 and the clock is ticking do you really expect to win when your tactics are to take 5 settlers and kick on the last.

• I’m ok with the decision as we really needed to make a breakthrough. I don’t know why they didn’t take the 2 at full time from the penalty though… I know it doesn’t mean much but it’s a guaranteed 2 points and brings the loss back to only one converted try. Was a feeble attempt at a try anyway, so might as well have taken the 2.

• Banned

I thought just for the sake of getting a few points on the board to take the two. There was no chance of winning. But I was impressed by the little chip and attempted regather, almost came off.

• @Newtown:

@Gary Bakerloo:

I was more bemused they didn’t take the 2 points with 1 second of play remaining. As we saw last year, for and against can be the difference between 16th and 15th.

Maybe negative but Taylor would surely agree.

Yes agree, was sitting there waiting for the kick for goal and then Moses puts a kick up! We couldn’t win of course but better than finishing blot and you never know about for and against as you have pointed out Gary.

• We kept putting the high ball up but seriuosly the Parra wingers had a height advantage over Nofo and Rankin that clearly wasn’t evident to our kickers,maybe a grubber may of been better…!

Recent Topics