Phil Gould says NO TRY

• @Gus10Gould When will Control be brought back into the rules for scoring a try? Yesterday’s game Tigers v Eels. Normal speed no try. Cheers

Gus: Amazing that anyone could ever suggest it was a try

also…

Ridiculous … If ref ruled no try and never referred it, no one would argue with the call .

• Banned

the twenty odd Parra contingent at my club also declared that it was a no try - those big burly guys in old Eel outfits looked like straight from the paddock.

• Yep, the ball was falling out the side of his hand and I would consider it a real bonus if we were awarded a try for something similar. They still don’t require contact with the foot in the play the ball as long as a player puts on a reasonable charade, so why should we expect a player to have any sort of control to award a try. Still, a ridiculous decision now that benefit of the doubt no longer exists.

• @Milky:

@Gus10Gould When will Control be brought back into the rules for scoring a try? Yesterday’s game Tigers v Eels. Normal speed no try. Cheers

also…

Ridiculous … If ref ruled no try and never referred it, no one would argue with the call .

Move on…get over it

• Banned

@innsaneink:

@Milky:

@Gus10Gould When will Control be brought back into the rules for scoring a try? Yesterday’s game Tigers v Eels. Normal speed no try. Cheers

also…

Move on…get over it

No, Parra deserved to lose for taking that first two points and not go for a try, would have taught them a well deserved lesson to lose by a few points.

• If I thought it cost us the game I would be very angry, but brain dead team selections cost us what little chance we had of winning the game. With the way both sides valued possession a nil all draw was the only fair result

• @supercoach:

If I thought it cost us the game I would be very angry, but brain dead team selections cost us what little chance we had of winning the game. With the way both sides valued possession a nil all draw was the only fair result

You can never know what would have happened if it had been disallowed - but, in theory, if it had remained 2-0 we would have taken the penalty right in front with a minute to go and locked it up.

• We never looked like scoring, so it didn’t mean jack whether they ruled it a try or not. We would have finished up 2-0 instead of 8-0.

• @cktiger:

@supercoach:

If I thought it cost us the game I would be very angry, but brain dead team selections cost us what little chance we had of winning the game. With the way both sides valued possession a nil all draw was the only fair result

You can never know what would have happened if it had been disallowed - but, in theory, if it had remained 2-0 we would have taken the penalty right in front with a minute to go and locked it up.

True but every game there are calls that influence the out come of games that the officials get wrong. Good teams put the bad calls behind them and use them as motivation to lift to another level. I think my point is, we were not hard done by, we should have controlled possession and we would have won in a canter

• ForumSupporter

Ta Gus…watta legend …but the TRY was awarded …check the paper…

• Banned

the ball could be jetting out of a players hands at 100 mph, therefore with no control or pressure on the ball, and on slo mo could be misinterpreted as a touchdown. I suppose touch is the literal word but is not supposed to be interpreted literally but according to rest of the rulebook.

• Look at some of the tries awarded under the BoD rule over previous years,ball is dropped at knee or hip level and because the attacker has a finger or two on it as it falls its a try under the separation interpretation of the rule.
    Benefit of the doubt is the wrong way around IMO,unless its a clear try with control it should be no try.

• Lets put this way, tigers on the end of It and we get denied the try we all go up in arms
    I know I would

I don’t agree 100% it should have been given but If it was one our own I would claim try for sure.

In SLOWMO it does show finger on ball, I cant totally disagree to that being given despite being a one-eyed supporter

• It was a great effort by Teddy to slow the big bloke down, however despite this call we can still put this loss down to bad execution.

Overall defence was great but we need to get it all right to be competitive this year.

• It’s the refs fault we lacked penetration and fifth tackle options inside the 20… 😒

Recent Topics