Andrew Fifita

i was very impressed by his performance and after reading his match statistics i have to say that if he goes injury free he is a shoe in for Rookie Of The Year

Running Metres = 78 - the 3rd most of any forward behind ellis 97 and gibbs 133
All Runs = 10 - equal 2nd between the forwards
Hitups = 8 - equal first
Tackle Busts = 6 - Equal first
Tackles = 19 - 0 missed tackles

All this with only 27 minutes played. He can only get better. The future looks bright

The amount of tackles is the most impressive stat. Good to see this kid come through. Looking forward to watching him develop.

& the really impressive thing I think is that at no stage since he came into firsts has he looked out of his depth or off the pace.
He hasn;t been a rocks & diamonds rookie. It’s all been good quality work.

His palm is awesome as well. When he palmed off 3 or 4 canberra players then offloaded to lawrence, I was impressed. I think sheens needs to play him and flanagan more. We can’t have fifita playing 27 minutes and flanagan playing 17-18

@Blakeeeeeee:

His palm is awesome as well. When he palmed off 3 or 4 canberra players then offloaded to lawrence, I was impressed. I think sheens needs to play him and flanagan more. We can’t have fifita playing 27 minutes and flanagan playing 17-18

It’s good isn’t it. Both Flanagan and Fifita have really impressed off the bench. I’m not bothered by them starting there either because for the first time in a long while we have impact coming from the bench.

Isn’t it great to finally have some depth!!! Hopefully this year won’t be too bad for injuries (like 2005 I WISH!) but it’s good to know that we have quality players ready to fill any gaps.

This bloke is a talent

he’s big, strong, skilful and durable

next year, he’ll be a starter for us

in 2-3 years a big chance of rep footy

Really good to see he can bring the intensity he had in the NYC against the much bigger opposition in first grade. One of the worries you have with the NYC is a player can absolutely tear it up against 18-19-20 year olds, then not bring that excitement up to first grade, but with Fifita he’s brought his NYC form straight up to the top grade. Very exciting stuff. Let’s hope we can keep him around for years to come.

I think on another forum, someone touched on the fact that even if Fafita is a poor trainer, so was Roach. He seems to be the sort of player that is just built for match day. Whether competitive fire brings out his best, I don’t know. He’s definitely been great out there though.

As was mentioned earlier, at no point has he looked out of his depth.

He just doesn’t play like a rookie. To be honest, it’s been one of the more impressive early career debuts I’ve seen in recent times for the Tigers- kind of comparable to Gibbs when he first hit 1st grade. Loads of involvement, and genuine, quality football.

Ssshhh - Andrew Fafita is ‘The Love Child of Steve Blocker Roach’.

There is simply no other explanation!!! 😃

He has an air of confidence about him on the field that only the very good players have at a young age. Arthur had that same aura which sets them apart from the mediocre. 😉

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme