Lawrence expecting tough Sharks test

• Courtesy of the official Wests Tigers website:

Lawrence expecting tough Sharks test

Dan Talintyre (Twitter: @dantalintyre)
    Wed 30th March, 06:06PM

Wests Tigers forward Chris Lawrence expects a tough encounter this Saturday when his side welcomes the Cronulla Sharks to Campbelltown Sports Stadium.

Having not played the Sharks at Campbelltown since 2007, Lawrence — who makes his return from a one-game suspension this week — said that Saturday’s game against Cronulla was going to be one of the more physical encounters of the year, and a tough test for both sides as they back up with five-day turnarounds following Easter Monday games.

“They’ve started the year really well and played a quality side in Melbourne on the weekend and beat them so it’s definitely going to be a good matchup,” he said.

"We’re definitely going to have to lift from what we produced on the weekend.

"Their line speed was something that really worked for them, so we’re going to have to adjust our attack a bit, but for us, we just need to worry about our game. We were a bit impatient on the weekend and made too many errors and forced too many passes, and we need to fix that.

“I’m sure there’s going to be a few sore bodies off that turnaround, but we’re both in the same situtation, so once you get out there you don’t notice it as much.”

http://www.weststigers.com.au/news/2016/03/30/lawrence_expecting_t.html

• And I expect Lawrence to be equally tough

I guess the only way we have a chance of winning is if we ambush them
    We have previously done it to the Dogs and Soufs, come out swinging and scoring tries before they knew what was happening

• Hopefully he runs as hard as he did against Manly. He was looking like Martin Lang.

• Yep great sentiments Chris. Let’s see if the on field performance corresponds.

• I would assume that every week would be a tough encounter

• Idk is it just me or am I expecting rowdy to get injured again soon……it seems to be how our season runs from season to season. Maybe I’m just way to negative of late, but that’s all I see unfortunately.

• ForumSupporter

Great to have him back…hope he scores a triple…

• @Geo.:

I wonder who just put Lawrence in their fantasy league team 😆

• Lawrence should be on the plane to the UK to play with Tim Sheens. It would ease whatever issues there are with the salary cap and as last Monday demonstrated, we can perform well without him.

• @Pawsandclaws:

as last Monday demonstrated, we can perform well without him.

Did you watch the game, or just Taylor’s press conference? We lost. And we lost because we basically ran out of forwards. You could make a case for Lawrence not being the game’s greatest number 12, or question whether we still get value out of his back ended deal, but I do believe that with Lawrence and Sironen on the park and Buchanen gone the Tigers probably should have won.

• @Pawsandclaws:

Lawrence should be on the plane to the UK to play with Tim Sheens. It would ease whatever issues there are with the salary cap and as last Monday demonstrated, we can perform well without him.

U wot m8?

• @tigers05:

I would assume that every week would be a tough encounter

Ain’t that the truth.

• @Pawsandclaws:

Lawrence should be on the plane to the UK to play with Tim Sheens. It would ease whatever issues there are with the salary cap and as last Monday demonstrated, we can perform well without him.

You do know that the score was 8-0 to Parramatta.
    We had no one running good lines either.

Don’t let all that get in the way of Hating Rowdy though.

Stick with Lovett - you deserve him.

• @happy tiger:

@Geo.:

I wonder who just put Lawrence in their fantasy league team 😆

I’ve got him in mine as well. He’s been going great this year.
    He has always been a wholehearted player. His enthusiasm will bring the younger forwards along faster . He’s right about the line speed

• @Pawsandclaws:

We missed him against Parra. He brings intensity around the edges of the ruck. Something our young halves missed. They were getting the ball flat footed

Recent Topics