2017 and beyond what are the recruitment & retention plans?

@Tbone:

I’ll say something that will probably be controversial, but I don’t think Nofo has many years left in him. He’s a demon with ball in hand and is one of the best tackle busters in the league but his overall game is quite limited. He looks well down on pace and has been for a long time. His aerial game is terrible (particularly in defence).

I like him so I hope he proves me wrong but we’ll need some wingers coming through the grades to make firsts I think. Rankin is a weird stop-gap and only our club would play him on the wing.

@Tbone:

I’ll say something that will probably be controversial, but I don’t think Nofo has many years left in him. He’s a demon with ball in hand and is one of the best tackle busters in the league but his overall game is quite limited. He looks well down on pace and has been for a long time. His aerial game is terrible (particularly in defence).

I like him so I hope he proves me wrong but we’ll need some wingers coming through the grades to make firsts I think. Rankin is a weird stop-gap and only our club would play him on the wing.

Agree on Rankin, he is no winger, but Nofo, he is a pretty decent winger, and he should be kept on, and he is a junior who loves the place.
Taylor needs to give JAC or Karwin a shot, we are wasting a wing spot with Rankin.

@everett:

Need a quality second rower. Taylor from Penrith would fit the bill.

Like Lowe from Cowboys but he will not leave them. Hannat is retiring so frees up some money.

Luke Lewis perhaps? Seems to be getting better with age.

@851:

@Tbone:

Agree on Rankin, he is no winger, but Nofo, he is a pretty decent winger, and he should be kept on, and he is a junior who loves the place.
Taylor needs to give JAC or Karwin a shot, we are wasting a wing spot with Rankin.

Rankin as a winger is seriously laughable.

I’ve been told his done plenty of brown tonguing to JT in the Pre-season.

We need a marquee back rower. That’s non negotiable.

@foreveratiger:

@851:

@Tbone:

That might explain a bit then, surely our coach has seen enough after 4 weeks, but I won’t hold my breath.

@Boonboon2:

Personally I am happy on the wing with Rankin at the moment. I do however agree we should keep Ado-Carr and see how he goes and if he learns defensive skills this year.

In all honesty while I love Mansour I just don’t think the club should be spending that much on a winger when we have the quality in the backline we have as it’s money that can be better utilised elsewhere.

My pick is Obed Kharwin from the 20s , Big,Fast, powerful and cheap.

I suspect Kharwin will end up in the backrow. Doesn’t have the speed for a genuine winger.

Triple M mentioned keary is an option the tigers are considering if brooks or Moses decide to leave.
6. Keary
7. Moses
Would be a decent halves pairing, as long as keary isn’t on overs

@851:

@foreveratiger:

@851:

@Tbone:

That might explain a bit then, surely our coach has seen enough after 4 weeks, but I won’t hold my breath.

Your talking about JT though Gibbo 😒 .

Rankin doesn’t even leave you with an ounce of anticipation that his going to break the line in kick returns or runs from dummy half when our our forwards are trotting back from a kick……where as Nofo does and gives you a sense that he will break the line and scoot 40 metres upfield .

@gallagher:

@everett:

Like Lowe from Cowboys but he will not leave them. Hannat is retiring so frees up some money.

Knocked us back before - He had his chance. Rot in retirement. No way from me.

@steve-o:

Triple M mentioned keary is an option the tigers are considering if brooks or Moses decide to leave.
6. Keary
7. Moses
Would be a decent halves pairing, as long as keary isn’t on overs

I would sign Keary in a heart beat and will be the Blues halfback within 2 years IMO

I’m not sold on Brooks .

I don’t want our Club to be held to Ransom by these two players ( Moses and Brooks ) and are acting out like there Thurston and Lockyer on the open Market by saying things like " will leave it to my Manager "
whereas Teddy came out during his negotiations and said things like " the Club knows i want to stay here " ( referring to the Wests Tigers).
These guys have been on massive money the last couple of years all in the name of POTENTIAL and are acting like Origin stars….they have done diddly squat and i would be making Brooks nervous and open discussions with Leary’s Manager .
Hasn’t the Club learn’t what got us in this situation ?

You might aswell go on the open market and pay the $700,000 for the Maloneys , maybe getting on with age but you know exactly what your getting for your investment whereas with Moses and Brooks your rolling the dice paying huge money for players that are still unproven on a consistent level and whether there going to see the big POTENTIAL we are all led to believe.

@gallagher:

@everett:

I think he’s a great player but for health reasons we shouldn’t be going anywhere near him.

@foreveratiger:

@851:

@Tbone:

Call BS on that, unless you name the source.

You can’t just defame someone as brown nose on hearsay.

@Russell:

@foreveratiger:

@851:

@Tbone:

Not hear say at all 😆 , don’t need to reveal anything….neverasked you to believe it , take it how you want 😆 . Some on here know it’s not BS.

@Russell:

@foreveratiger:

@851:

@Tbone:

NRL drug testers found a seed on Rankin’s tongue which had DNA from Taylor’s feaces.

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme

Can’t log in or access your account?
Send an email to contact@weststigersforum.com and we’ll get you back online.