If Only We Had a Fifita or Gallen or Both!

• What was really obvious in the Sharks game was our lack of size, strength and power in the forwards. Other than one or two charges by Grant and Sue, once again, we failed to bend the line. Woods is a worker, gains a mountain of metres every game and has a big tank but……and I know people will disagree…he doesn’t really bend the line. In my opinion he ambles up, continues rolling forward while defenders grapple with him and the net result is that the defensive line is set by the time he is forced to play the ball. This is an example of where stats can override actual effect.
    Bending the line means that the defensive line is caught out and weakened by a fast, powerful run that knocks defenders backwards and results in fast play the balls where the defense cannot get set.
    The Sharks have spades of size and power in the form of Fifita and Gallen. Fifita is a huge man who is unstoppable in the type of form he showed last night while Gallen is almost as effective with his no nonsense charges. The Tigers need players similar to this to seriously compete against sides like Cronulla. Our team was brave but it was obvious the difference in the game was the platform laid by the Sharks forwards. We simply don’t have the bodies to compete and we need to make changes, especially on the bench. Impact is what is required and we don’t have it. Choose some players who are big and aggressive, even if it means shorter stints on the field.The other thing that Gallen provides is sheer mongrel and a desire to win at all costs. We don’t have much of that either.

• We did have Fafita once. But we let him go. Unlike the WTs to do that.

• We had Fifita Tapau and Blair but……

• We also had Taupau

• @NJLM78:

We did have Fafita once. But we let him go. Unlike the WTs to do that.

Pretty much dropped himself. Didn’t have his head together, wasn’t cooperating with coaching staff. Good luck to him but the Tigers made the right decision.

• Lucky we’ve got Lovett.

Not srs.

We’re a player short in the “tough” department.

🙏 KLEMMER 2017 🙏

• Yep, poor attitude, running sideways or whatever the rationale given, it was a diabolical decision by Wests to let Fifita go. I was shocked at the time. Big men with his athletic ability don’t come round often and he’s exactly what we need now.

• I do not think Tapau is a great loss. Fifita always seems to put in a big game against the tigers but consistency is a problem. The other way to bend/unsettle the line is through offloads/2nd phase play, but they do not seem to be attempting at all.

• Banned

I completely agree with this thread. Fifita and Taupau are gun players that are game breakers. You need players like that.

Woods isn’t a game breaker at this point. I don’t think we have a player like this in the forwards.

• Gallen is no good, his career will be coming to an end soon.

Fifita is a straight up beast but only when it comes to running at smaller guys.

Any team would be lucky to have him though.

• @stevetiger:

I completely agree with this thread. Fifita and Taupau are gun players that are game breakers. You need players like that.

Woods isn’t a game breaker at this point. I don’t think we have a player like this in the forwards.

Woods never was and never will be an X-factor. He’s a workhorse.

• I miss Simon Dwyer

• Yes, Tapau would be nice now. What’s the real story behind his departure? Thought he was too good for the Tigers? Taylor? I couldn’t blame him for feeling like a lone ranger out there….Another talent gone.

• As per the meet up thread, Taupau was let go as they feel Sue is and/or will be better.

• We’d have the most least intimidating pack in the comp. Who do we have that would scare the opposition, maybe Sue? Not enough.

Recent Topics