What grinds your gears about us?

What really really does my head in with us is when an opposition forward hits it up into the ruck and we get three blokes onto him, but he wrestles and fights and we struggle to get him on the bloody deck, let alone on his back and facing the wrong way round.
Then the ref calls ‘held’… We immediately release and the play the ball has been completed with one of us barely at marker and the other two already behind the next play
Infuriating
:brick:

Lack of support for our halves defending our own try line.

@Masterton:

Lack of support for our halves defending our own try line.

Agree with this. If either of our halves had a Gareth Ellis type next to them in defence on our line they would look far better defenders.

Giving away dumb penalties

The boys club that is slowly making a comeback.

Woodsy standing up in the tackle like the statue of Liberty with no offload and a slow play the ball

Sure he’s got a great work rate and he eats up the meters , but a quick play the ball would be more beneficial IMO

Lack of physicality

Nothing so far I dont agree with.

All of the above.

Funny thing is most of these issues have been around for 5 years now.

When does it get any better.

My worst hate though……5th tackle penalties. Lovett gave 1-2 away yesterday…one of them gave the Sharks an 8 point lead…I mean seriously just how stupid do you have to be.

Also Ava & Sue…they are both starting to remind me of BMM…can hit a hole hard but starting to cough up plenty of ball…something has to improve here and quickly.

Lack of Size and this is across the park we seem a small club.

However from a club point of view it is lack of professionalism over time (although has got much better last 2 years) - Crap training facilities, 3 home grounds when it should be 1, lack of sponsors that arent just fans who own stuff and until this year promotion of individual matches was poor

• Poor use of the bench
    ( Players being wasted /not being utilized )

• Poor selection choices
    ( Rankin on the wing… how many games is it going to take to realize he isn’t up to scratch? )

• Not having enough solid first graders in the squad to field a competitive team
    ( Buchanan [C+ Player] on the bench, Rankin on the wing, average bench most weeks )

• Woods supposedly being advised not to offload….
    ( What a stupid suggestion. Offloads are a great attacking weapon to have in the arsonal. )

• Brooks under performing
    ( Step up or get dropped mate, you’re not invincible )

• Coach not being willing to make the hard calls
    ( Drop Brooks, Fire Rankin, blood anyone, just do it. )

1/ Not Being a team that other teams don’t want to play.
2/ Not Hurting opponents with defence.
3/ As much as I hate that say it, being more like the broncos e.g whenever someone is hurt or dropped, there is always a replacement who is hungry.
4/ Not Being a well coached team e.g look at Parramatta for instance. They used to be turnstiles just as much as we still are.
5/ Growing local talent, then other teams buying it.
6/ Tpa’s

The selections still grind my gears

I still vomit in my mouth when I see Buchanan, Lovett, Halautau all in the same team

Also our fade in fade outs in games when we build a lead, which is created by our selections…

@Boonboon2:

Lack of Size and this is across the park we seem a small club.

However from a club point of view it is lack of professionalism over time (although has got much better last 2 years) - Crap training facilities, 3 home grounds when it should be 1, lack of sponsors that arent just fans who own stuff and until this year promotion of individual matches was poor

This. I’m annoyed at the type of club we are. The also rans. We couldn’t even wrap up the ownership issue in time.
I’ve given up hoping things will change. It won’t. We’ll bumble about for years to come.

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme