Ben Barba flop

• So watched the game a few times and something that Incan’t believe hasnt been spoken about is the Barba voluntary tackle which was allowed play on.

Not saying we would of scored and sure decisions come and go but that was one of the worst voluntary tackles I have seen not given.

Maybe I have my Tigers glasses on

• They scored off the same set too, nothing we can do now.

• @Mighty Tiger:

So watched the game a few times and something that Incan’t believe hasnt been spoken about is the Barba voluntary tackle which was allowed play on.

Not saying we would of scored and sure decisions come and go but that was one of the worst voluntary tackles I have seen not given.

Maybe I have my Tigers glasses on

Yes we blew up too - a rule that is no longer penalised it seems.

• An absolute joke of a call. We called his bluff on that one and should have won a penalty. Cannot believe a professional referee would not call that. Barba was one the ground like 5 seconds. You could see the desperation in his eyes. And to rule a tackle because HE grabbed OUR player is a joke. I can understand getting complex, marginal calls wrong. But imo the refs open themselves to criticism because of the number of obvious calls like this that they miss.

• Hasnt been spoken about as everyone has come to accept the refs are incompetent useless fools

• Whats worse was the fact that even the commentors turned it into a joke. All Greg Alxander had to say about it was " I would have dived to the ground as well" referring to our chasers coming in so fast. No other comment at all.
    Better of just getting ride of the rule altogether.

• That stat would have been racked up in barba’s tackle count I suppose.

• Banned

Voluntary tackles havent been penalised for years. While its a rule that stll exists, its one of those rules that are not enforced. I dont blame the referees on the day, they were following he status quo. I blame people higher up.

• Banned

could they have dive bombed him because he was not held?

• Banned

I don’t have a problem with it. It’s not like it’s a huge blight on the game or why we lost.

• What’s worse is it’s hard to clobber a voluntary tackle without giving away a penalty. The obvious way is to go in with a swinging arm, which you can’t, similarly no elbows or knees.

Can you just land onto a players back with your bum, like bombing into a pool? Or jump as high as you can in the air and come down on them with the side of your arm. Or try to lift them in one smooth motion grabbing the shirt, fling them backwards.

Something, there needs to be some kind of real or physical penalty for diving like a dog. Even when Simona went low the other week, at least he kept crawling forward on his hands and knees trying to gain yardage.

Barba is a diver deluxe, best there is. I’d back him in the trenches.

• ForumSupporter

@jirskyr:

What’s worse is it’s hard to clobber a voluntary tackle without giving away a penalty. The obvious way is to go in with a swinging arm, which you can’t, similarly no elbows or knees.

Can you just land onto a players back with your bum, like bombing into a pool? Or jump as high as you can in the air and come down on them with the side of your arm. Or try to lift them in one smooth motion grabbing the shirt, fling them backwards.

Something, there needs to be some kind of real or physical penalty for diving like a dog. Even when Simona went low the other week, at least he kept crawling forward on his hands and knees trying to gain yardage.

Barba is a diver deluxe, best there is. I’d back him in the trenches.

WWE style…?

The whole problem is the introduction of the Surrender Tackle…you see it when players drop straight to the ground when defusing kicks from the in-goal…Was was Barba did any different …yes but pfffft…

• 40 plus years of watching the game, I’ve never in my life seen a voluntary tackle penalised. Has anybody out there ever seen one? Couldn’t imagine so.

I never listen to Rabbits commentating now thanks to Fox, but I can imagine the hysterics he must have been in.

• @wd in perth:

40 plus years of watching the game, I’ve never in my life seen a voluntary tackle penalised. Has anybody out there ever seen one? Couldn’t imagine so.

I never listen to Rabbits commentating now thanks to Fox, but I can imagine the hysterics he must have been in.

Thank God, for small mercies… Not having to listen to Rabbs… How good is it. 😃

• A marker diving on the ball in the ruck is deemed to be guilty of a “voluntary tackle” and Mitch Moses was penalised for this a couple of weeks ago. The Barba one was a blatant voluntary tackle. The rules and their interpretation are a joke.

Recent Topics