NYC Team Announcement: Round 6 vs. Knights..

NYC Team Announcement: Round 6 vs. Knights

Wests Tigers Media

Tue 5th April, 04:30PM
A A

Wests Tigers NYC Holden Cup Coach Willie Peters has named his side to take on the Newcastle Knights in Round 6 this Sunday, April 10 at Hunter Stadium.

Kickoff for the match is scheduled for 1:45pm AEDT as Peters’ side look to build on an impressive 42-24 last-start victory over the Cronulla Sharks last Saturday afternoon.

With Manaia Cherrington returning to Intrust Super Premiership, hooker Jacob Liddle will play his first game of Holden Cup this year, with Jack Wheelhouse dropping back to the bench.

Representative forward Ray Stone has been ruled out of this week’s match after suffering a concussion last weekend, with Mark McCormack promoted to the starting side.

Wests Tigers’ currently sit in ninth place on the Holden Cup ladder, narrowly outside the top eight on for-and-against. Their opponents this week, Newcastle, sit in sixth position and will be looking to make it three wins in a row when they take the field this weekend.

See Wests Tigers Holden Cup team named to take on the Newcastle Knights below!

Be there for Sunday afternoon footy at Leichhardt Oval when we take on the Storm!
WESTS TIGERS HOLDEN CUP

1. Luke Sharpe
2. Jesse Jackson
3. Ryland Jacobs
4. Samuel DeFiddes
5. Obed Karwhin
6. Veiru Mapesone
7. Thomas Bartley
8. JJ Felise
9. Jacob Liddle
10. Junior Tatola (capt.)
11. Bayley Sironen
12. Esan Marsters
13. Mark McCormack

Interchange:
14. Daniel Peck
15. Jakob Giles
16. Trent Pye
17. Jack Wheelhouse (capt.)
18. Royce Tout

Coach: Willie Peters

http://www.weststigers.com.au/news/2016/04/05/nyc_team_announcemen.html

Bad news about Stone. Not hos first concussion this season if I am not mistaken. Tough road trip to Newcastle, hope the boys give a good account of themselves.

From memory, Stone has now had 4-5 concussions since joining the NYC in the back end of last season. Really a terrible sign, for a player with such promise i now have grave doubts he’ll make it past NYC. He’s just too small and gets his head in the wrong spots far too often. Like a more injury prone version of Fulton. He’ll probably be out for a month or two this time. Needs to take some time away from footy, try bulk up a bit and work on his consistency in technique.

Don’t like the look of playing 3 small hookers though. Maybe one will play in the halves a bit? Give Bartley a rest

Currently locked up at 6-6 after Liddle scored for the Tigers

18-10 knights at half time.

Just walked in before the break and Tigers outside backs put on s slick set move, however it was well read by the Knights.

Just bought my Woodsy shirt on the way in, these are great! I was always surprised that they didn’t do a benji one in his heyday!!

Soft try to Knights next to posts, soon to be 24-10. Just ran hard.

First time I have seen Defiddes, looks to go alright!

Knights just scored identical try to 5 mins ago after we drop ball working out of our half. Forward runs hard and scores next to post. Soon to be 30-10 Knights.

Lack sting in the middle

Little back on and try to Deffides straight away after a solid hit up by whoever the 22 is. Kick wide 30-14 knights

Try tigers 23 Daniel Roberts (who?). Opposite wing to previous and kick out wide

Missed it 30-18 knights

Penalty from kick off for high hit and after s couple of hit ups Liddell is under the posts. Soon to be 30-24 with 14 mins left

Who is 22? He’s a handful

Forward pass on half way, scrum Knights feed

Held Knights out for two sets and then nearly scored in response.tigers ball half way

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme