Kevin Naiqama and Kane Evans

Sydney Roosters forward Evans and Wests Tigers flyer Naiqama have been on a mission for over a year, serving food and handing out clothes to the homeless.

“We normally go down there on a Tuesday night with a bunch of mates and we just serve food or give out clothes for the homeless people,” Evans said.

"We’ve been doing that since the start of last season.

The devout Christians are aiming to stop homelessness and believe they are on the right path.

“Just having a chat to them for two minutes is massive for them,” Naiqama said.

“They like talking football and I’m happy to talk football with them, they give me tips on what I’m doing wrong.”

Link for the video:https: //au.sports.yahoo.com/league/a/31285929/nrl-stars-helping-the-homeless/

All class from Kev and Kane Evans really love hearing stuff like this just shows how much of a good bloke Kevin is, they’ve been doing this for over a year with no recognition until now!

A good news NRL story… So no doubt this will get a paragraph 12 pages from the back page. Well done to both guys for doing something positive.

Great stuff to both guys,credit to them…well done…

Good on you boys - keep up the good work. I am sure the people you are helping appreciate the effort. Well done.

Nice boys… Doing great work on and off the field.

Goes to show how grounded some NRL players are
They are grateful for the things they have and the prayer huddle at the end of the game is a testament of this too

Good on them for helping someone in need

Great story. Congrats to both and any others who are giving back.

As for possibilities…keep fostering that relationship Kevvy lol big Kane would look good in a tigers jersey 😉

Great work from Kevy and Evans. I had no idea about what charitable guys these two are. I do a little bit of voluntary work, but nothing like what these two do. Great job. I don’t need to say it will improve them as people because they are already top blokes.

legends.

maybe we could sign Kano, lol

This is good stuff isn’t it. Naiqama is also having a breakout season and he was good last year.

Great work by the boys but when it’s a bad news story in league it’s all over the place by ten fold

@stryker:

As for possibilities…keep fostering that relationship Kevvy lol big Kane would look good in a tigers jersey 😉

Happy to be corrected, but didn’t Kane Evans wear a Tigers jersey (juniors)?

Good stuff by the pair. I wish this sort of thing was equally reported on by the media. For every bonehead playing up there’s 20 good guys doing stuff like this.

What about all the boys having a prayer after matches, both sides? Not my thing but I appreciate the camaraderie.

@Cultured Bogan:

@stryker:

Happy to be corrected, but didn’t Kane Evans wear a Tigers jersey (juniors)?

Yep, played with both Leichhardt Wanderers and Juniors IIRC. Went to the Roosters for NYC.

edit: disregard the NYC bit - looks as though he couldn’t get a run with the Balmain SG Ball team, so trialled with the Roosters and the rest is history.

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/sydney-roosters/sydney-roosters-reluctant-enforcer-kane-evans-remembers-the-tough-old-days-20150902-gjdhs5.html

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme

Can’t log in or access your account?
Send an email to contact@weststigersforum.com and we’ll get you back online.