Our Forwards

Grant has been the best out of all of them.

Woods on the other hand……should look at the Sharks/GoldCoast game and see what a real front rower is all about ie Fifita…in comparison Woods is a plodder.

@shane2801:

SUCK!

Thats harsh Woods and Lawrence went ok Sue was injured and shouldnt have returned to the field.But its all good jt will put Buchanan on the bench next week

Our Forwards are soft , have no mongrel , are easily intimidated by other packs , barely make an effective tackle , rarely get a quick play the ball in .

Bunch of pansies !

Lawrence was the best player on the park

Lawrence was really good. Grant was quality. Woods wasn’t that bad when he was out there. Ava was good. I thought Sironen was good as well.

We lost Sue who has been really good and that hit us but Halatau, Aloiai and Lovett did basically nothing between them. I also think we just don’t have the right make-up of players on the bench. Ava is our only bench prop.

@Kavi:

Lawrence was the best player on the park

Agreed, he is a beast.

Hits hard and looks a danger with the ball!!

True, Grant and Lawrence tried hard today. Woods is starting to become another Marshall. Living on past years. He would be just a plodder in better teams.

I though Ava, Rowdy & Grant were very good for us. Aloiai runs & hits hard. Robbie was strong. Agree with a few posters tho that we haven’t got our bench right. If Woods, Sue & Siro are right for next week I wouldn’t mind seeing something like this:

Woods
Farah
Grant
Lawrence
Siro
Sue

Ava
Edwards
Aloiai
MCK

@shane2801:

True, Grant and Lawrence tried hard today. Woods is starting to become another Marshall. Living on past years. He would be just a plodder in better teams.

He’s a current SOO and Test front rower :crazy

To everyone who thought Grant was good i think you need to watch the game again, I’ve never seen a front rower get more dominated by the opposition than Grant did today.

It’s hard when we lose Sue and Woods who are 2 of our best 3 forwards. Grant was brilliant as always.

But in saying that the other forwards should of viewed it as a chance to step up. It is after all a team game.

I think Dene is running on old legs, no impact, no breaking the line and basically there to make half tackles

@TIGER:

To everyone who thought Grant was good i think you need to watch the game again, I’ve never seen a front rower get more dominated by the opposition than Grant did today.

To be fair Grant was everywhere in defence, running ghe length making 2 tackles before Uate crashed over (more than Milone could do who was walking back) and also played hooker at least 3 times, including a dummy half run. The guy gave his all today trying to lead from the front when we had 2 key guys down and out.

As to being more dominated, he made 148mtrs, 34 tackles. He wasn’t our issue today.

Sirro 48 mins 8 runs 60 metres 21 tackles 2 missed tackles. MIA.

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme