Okay, I’ll be honest, I’m definitely frustrated with our team and all it’s failings. However, I’m not out to be negative for negativity’s sake and this is not an emotional rant.
I’ve had a go at rating each of the current First Grade’s Team’s individual performances over the first six rounds and added suggested changes where I think they are most warranted and can be the most effective. I know many of you will disagree with some of my scores i.e either too high or too low but the point is, and most of us are saying it, there needs to be at least two changes based on the number of under performing ‘first graders’.
This may not immediately bring about a significant change in the team’s form, as I think there are coaching issues as well as listless individual efforts, but the team needs a good shake up. Basically, a message needs to be sent that mediocrity, lack of commitment and a failure to play within the structures will not be tolerated. Mind you, are we sure that there are any structures? Sorry, I digress, here are my ratings and suggested changes. This can be an early ‘Your Team v Melbourne’ thread. I’ve ignored the ‘Top 25’, ‘Second Tier’, Boys Club, 600K contract and any other crap constraints in order to list the best team….
1. *Tedesco 9/10 (the heart and soul of the team)
2. *Nofoaluma 6.5/10 (better forward than most of the pack)
3. SIMONA 6.5/10 (NEEDS TO BE REPLACED BY *PENI during suspension)
4. Naiqama 7.5/10 (been great but shocker on Sunday)
5. *Rankin 6/10 (bolstered by best effort Sunday and goal kicking)
6. *Moses 6/10 (far too many Benji style miracle play attempts)
7. BROOKS 5/10 (NEEDS TO BE REPLACED BY *LITTLEJOHN)
8. *Woods 8/10 (big motor but doesn’t bend line)
9. HALATAU/ *Farah 6/10 (FARAH was good on Sunday despite slow service and should be 9)
10. *Grant 8/10 (Been good despite belting he copped on Sunday)
11. Alouai 6.5/10 (shows promise but should be on bench. I’d promote *EDWARDS)
12. *Lawrence 7.5/10 (looks like a first grade second rower who I would make captain)
13. *Sue 7.5/10 (with Grant and Ava, the only forward to bend the line)
14. CHERRINGTON 5.5/10 (need a back up hooker)
15. Seumanufagai 7.5/10 (runs hard and tries to be aggressive)
16. CHEE KAM (needs to be given a chance)
17. Aloiai 6.5/10 (shows promise and heart)
I’ve dropped BROOKS, HALATAU (6), LOVETT (5.5) and SIRONEN (5.5), Brooks for lack of first grade half back play, Halatau and Lovett for lack of size and impact and Sironen for low work rate and lack of impact despite size. That’s five changes in the squad, four due to form and one due to suspension. If dropping the 600k prodigy and son of a club legend doesn’t send a message, nothing will!