Geoff starling,

• does anyone know, how is Geoff going? we would love to hear if anyone knows anythink.
    my son was diagnoised with same medical condition at 11yo addisons (AAA syndrome). john hunter childrens hospital told as about geoffs story. my son weighed 32kg at 11yo. his throat muscles had locked up and was chocking him. this was the beginning of our roller coaster ride. today the three things we look at for is if he is too stressed, or too sick, or too injured we need to inject steroids into him within 10 minutes, then race to hospital, were hes red flagged in their system.
    as this is very rare, my sons dream is to meet Geoff,
    my son is a big west tigers fan,
    last we heard was Geoff was at league of men at coffs harbour years ago
    thank you

• I have a mate who is good mates with Sparrow
    I will see what I can find out for you brendos

• @innsaneink:

I have a mate who is good mates with Sparrow

I lived in Balmain all my life and watched sparrow since I was a kid til adulthood up the leagues and sackville hotel everytime I was in either place.
    The guy is a machine when it comes to putting the beer away and never gained a gram of weight.
    It’s been 12 years since I’ve stepped foot in Balmain.

Is he still a “sacky” local and doing the same thing?

• @brendos:

does anyone know, how is Geoff going? we would love to hear if anyone knows anythink.
    my son was diagnoised with same medical condition at 11yo addisons (AAA syndrome). john hunter childrens hospital told as about geoffs story. my son weighed 32kg at 11yo. his throat muscles had locked up and was chocking him. this was the beginning of our roller coaster ride. today the three things we look at for is if he is too stressed, or too sick, or too injured we need to inject steroids into him within 10 minutes, then race to hospital, were hes red flagged in their system.
    thank you

Good luck with your son mate, hope everything works out fine for his future, and he and you and your wife can finally rest easy.

• @innsaneink:

awesome

• I sent you a private message

• @matchball:

@innsaneink:

I lived in Balmain all my life and watched sparrow since I was a kid til adulthood up the leagues and sackville hotel everytime I was in either place.
    The guy is a machine when it comes to putting the beer away and never gained a gram of weight.
    It’s been 12 years since I’ve stepped foot in Balmain.

Is he still a “sacky” local and doing the same thing?

Still puts them away without gaining an ounce…drinks up at Brush farm bowlo now

• @brendos:

does anyone know, how is Geoff going? we would love to hear if anyone knows anythink.
    thank you

Apparently he is up in Coolangatta now enjoying the sun…my mate will get back to me but reckons itll be sweet giving him a call

• Brendos
    Geoff said hed be happy to have a talk with your son…. I’ve sent you a personal message.

I hope your young bloke is doing OK and hope this can help in a small way.

Let us all know how you go eh?

Good luck

• gee its nice to see this forum can pull together when someone needs help. O.K. lets get back to killing each other LOL.

• Nice stuff Ink.

• Well in Ink.

• Well done Ink…just to get off the subject…saw Starling and I think Trevor Ryan debut together in the centres at the old sports ground,both were about 17/18 years old and let me tell you they had more ability and were ten times tougher than our two wonder kids we have running around today

• @supercoach:

Well done Ink…just to get off the subject…saw Starling and I think Trevor Ryan debut together in the centres at the old sports ground,both were about 17/18 years old and let me tell you they had more ability and were ten times tougher than our two wonder kids we have running around today

was there as well supercoach and it was no surprise that geoff become the youngest australian player. he was simply dynamic.

ps; good stuff ink re; brendos young son.

• Geoff Starling was my all time favourite Balmain player when I was a kid. Such a shame his career was cut short - the best was still ahead of him.
    Well done Ink for the info and all the best Brendos with your young fellow.

Recent Topics