Players we have released

• What is going on at the club? So far this year we have released Hoeter, Seve, Parahi and McConnarchie. I am not saying that any of these blokes would have set the world on fire, but 2 of them were only signed in the offseason.Are we not doing any due diligence on players that are being signed.

• Interesting decisions……funny thing Broncos had Seve on standby for one of their games this year…and yet he was not good enough for us - PERIOD.

And instead we play slow coaches like Milone last week.

We got rid of Koro because he was too mistake ridden, a defensive liability etc etc…but Melb snapped him up and ATM he would be in any 1st grade side as a winger…except ours. Its hard to beat raw speed and Koro has it.

Addo Carr also has it…that raw speed we saw in the 9’s. Apparently he has a few defensive issues as well…well why not fix them and have speed on our wing. No offense to Rankin but he’s not a winger and his one on one defense when Uate scored was nothing to be proud of either.

• Plus Lamar Liolevave.

So we’ve released 5 guys and signed no one.

As said its not like any of the were on massive money or going to be regular first graders but when I see Nathan Milone as our first choice back up center I have to wonder what’s going on.

• There is a difference between the club releasing the player & the player asking for a release.

• Wonder what the payouts are to the 4 released this year, how much it impacts on our “tight” salary cap situation and the flow on impacts it will have on our ability to select certain players.

• Relax guys, we are obviously just making room to sign SBW and Jarryd Hayne mid-season.

• @WTDiehard:

Interesting decisions……funny thing Broncos had Seve on standby for one of their games this year…and yet he was not good enough for us - PERIOD.

We got rid of Koro because he was too mistake ridden, a defensive liability etc etc…but Melb snapped him up and ATM he would be in any 1st grade side as a winger…except ours. Its hard to beat raw speed and Koro has it.

Addo Carr also has it…that raw speed we saw in the 9’s. Apparently he has a few defensive issues as well…well why not fix them and have speed on our wing. No offense to Rankin but he’s not a winger and his one on one defense when Uate scored was nothing to be proud of either.

That’s hardly the standard defensive task faced by a winger and I doubt many could have stopped Uate in that situation. Blame Moses for throwing the stupid pass up the other end or Milone for failing to get back and cover before you blame Rankin for that try.

That being said I would also like to see Addo Carr given a crack.

• Oops I forgot Lamar as well. It is going to get very interesting trying to put a side on the paddock if we get a couple more forwards injured

• All this will go away when we win a few games

• So much for the much trumpeted improved depth

• Waste of time and energy
    Our recruitment really sucks big time

My fear is our ability to attract a quality coach…. When prospective applicants look at where sheens and Potter is now… Why would you risk it?
    We are career killers

• @innsaneink:

Waste of time and energy
    Our recruitment really sucks big time

My fear is our ability to attract a quality coach…. When prospective applicants look at where sheens and Potter is now… Why would you risk it?
    We are career killers

There is no doubt Potter was treated very poorly but i cant agree with Sheens. Tim should have been punted by the end of 2007 he was very stale then and made crazy decisions with selections and recruitment

• @tigerap:

All this will go away when we win a few games

Unfortunately I don’t share your optimism. Our season is done. The players probably know it too.

• @WTDiehard:

Interesting decisions……funny thing Broncos had Seve on standby for one of their games this year…and yet he was not good enough for us - PERIOD.

Our coaching staff seem to be unable to be able to successfully remedy faults in players games. As we’ve seen in a lot of players who leave or are released and end up as good players at better coached clubs.
    IMO you are right about Koro, while still not perfect is used to do a job, and you are also right that he would be welcomed by most clubs,

At WTs they have to come here as a complete player , otherwise whatever problems they have will remain while ever they’re here.
    It’s not as though our wingers are great so what do we have to lose by going with speed.
    While I was a big supporter of Nofo in the past. He seems to have gone backwards at times, particularly in defence.

• Just saw in the tele that Jesse Parahi has gone bavk to sevens.

Recent Topics