Two injuries - no bloody excuses!

Ok Sauce and Ayshford are out … i can see Robbie’s post match interview now …“Oh well, we lost, but we did ok with our injuries” - no bugga that. It is well documented here (by some at least) that we have depth this year. Lets show it this week! According to Sheens, Sauce was playing with a dud neck/shoulder and broken finger against the raiders and that should explain his lacklustre performance but hey we still won (albeit in a lucky fashion). And Ayshford has had a slow start to the season - no arguments here I hope. SO why should this affect our chances?! There are plently of threads on their replacements and should be better dealt with there, but I for one want no excuses this week. Bring in the ‘depth’ and get the job the done! :supporter:

Agree with you 100%

Having said that, being a betting man, i will be all out on Nth Qld. This in no way reflects my total love and dedication to the wests tigers, but business is business.

There won’t be any excuses. Farah said the team is in a good frame of mind after the win over Canberra although they know they can play better than that. He said it will be a test of character as it is difficult to get a win up there but he said the main thing is that the team needs to play well and the result will look after itself.

Agreed as well. We supposedly do have depth this year so we should get the cash.

We need someone to step up and own the front row spot as KG is bound to miss a few games this year…if not to rep footy than to injury.

Farah can do the job up there for us. He’ll want to be noticed by selectors up there playing a team that has a few QLD players in it. There cannot be any excuses. We will still be taking the field with a very good team with some big name and very experienced players. Go Tigers!

I agree!
One of the things that frustrated me last year after we lost was the constant excuses
tossed up by sheens and the players
i.e. “We were always going to do it tough on a short turnaround”
" We were missing players"
" That team was always going to be tough to beat at their home ground"
IMO these type of things will only be a factor if you think it will be a factor.
The bottom line is we should have too much firepower for the cowboys.
I’m not saying we shouldn’t lose. I can handle losses as long as I know the players gave 110%.
What I can’t stand is knowing the team didn’t perform as well as they could of
because they let excuses fill their heads before the match started

Who says we can’t win without these two players?

IMO Galloway wasn’t in his usual devastating form anyway

However Ayshford has been solid for us dating back to mid last season.

Moors played great when he played in the front row. Chuck him in there and put daniella our 18th man for every match in his preferred position in the centres

@tiger sean:

I can handle losses as long as I know the players gave 110%.

Exactly … although I am very glum 😢

Damn…

I guess this is where our newfound “depth” comes into play. Ideally in these situations, you can rely upon an experienced coach to make a Wise tactical choice in replacing his injured players, and also know that he is going to find a way to motivate his players so they give a 100% effort for 80 minutes come game time.

But yeah… sometimes with Sheens we know that isn’t always the case. He was quoted in the SMH today complaining that he hasn’t had a 7 day turnaround with any of his games yet… And mentioned how good Thurston was in last years game and how they put 40 points on us…

where is the heart… where is the mongrel??? Is it just me or does anyone else get that vibe?

Agree, as I said at the start of the year…no excuses should be the motto this season.

hmm we really cant let our injuries get to us…i mean, they have no bowen…

@TIGERS:

Damn…

I guess this is where our newfound “depth” comes into play. Ideally in these situations, you can rely upon an experienced coach to make a Wise tactical choice in replacing his injured players, and also know that he is going to find a way to motivate his players so they give a 100% effort for 80 minutes come game time.

But yeah… sometimes with Sheens we know that isn’t always the case. He was quoted in the SMH today complaining that he hasn’t had a 7 day turnaround with any of his games yet… And mentioned how good Thurston was in last years game and how they put 40 points on us…

where is the heart… where is the mongrel??? Is it just me or does anyone else get that vibe?

I don’t get that vibe at all. I think it’s more a case of Sheens reinforcing to the players that they were terrible up in North Qld last year and a repeat of the first half against Canberra will end up in a similar result. Sheens needs the players to band together and step up and with the loss of Galloway and possibly Ayshford, the challenge is there for the players to rise and respond to.

I’m not worried about injuries at all. The only thing i am worried about is consistency, and that ONLY!!!
If the Team has Farah and Marshall then we are half way there.
Add Larence, Ellis and Lote plus Moltzen, we should beat almost any team.
Carn Tigers!!!

@Balmain Tiger:

hmm we really cant let our injuries get to us…i mean, they have no bowen…

They have the “White Bowen”, and he will have an outstanding game this Saturday
Yes , we can’t blame injuries, and depth is better this year, but not in the Prop dept.
A lot of players this week again playing but not 100%.Benji still getting needled up , Moltzen still iffy,the club getting to realize that they bought a dud with The backup Cayless.

Willie Tonga will tear us about with 2 or 3 linebreaks, JT will not miss a goal, Benji will be over the moon kicking 2 from 4, Fitzy will be in the run on side,Mason will be in the mood and turn up for a cracka of a game……Sheens doesn’t put Fulton in the centres , and slots Brown in…aaarrrggg!!

By the way, I not making excuses , but…

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme