Moses Suli being targeted by other clubs

• Haven’t seen this guy yet myself but considering we are the smallest team in the comp, with our backs especially small, having a giant centre could do us the world of good in the future.

Obviously he’s only young and has a fair way to go but he’s exactly the sort of player the club must keep at all costs. A position we’re perennially weak in and we’d have to pay overs to sign other quality centres. If the chance to develop our own top class centre comes along we have to take it.

Don’t like the ‘Folau’ comparison though. Kid doesn’t need that.

EYES ON TEENAGE PROSPECT

Wests Tigers have a battle on their hands to hold on to exciting 17-year-old prospect Moses Suli.

The centre started the year playing SG Ball before earning a call-up into Willie Peters’ Holden Cup side where he’s played two games.

Tipping the scales at 103 kilos, the youngster has been described as a young Israel Folau by a club insider.

While the Tigers want to keep Suli, they have some competition on their hands with the Storm, Dragons and Raiders all interested in the young gun.

Source:Foxsports

• the last big unit we had was Taniela Tuks

• What do we know about him, other than he’s come in from Balmain?

There are lots of these “teenage prospects” going around, Papenhuyzen obviously the best well known so far (same SB Ball team as Suli).

• We know he is a fine centre prospect and if you are building a club from within he is the type of player you must keep. He is in the NSW Pathways Squad and has been in the Balmain development system. At around 6ft 2 and 103kgs that is a good size for a centre. I note a 60 metre sprint against the Raiders which demonstrates pretty good pace.

• I’ve got a 17 year old inside center playing for me now that is 6’4 and 115kg. This kid is something special.

• He did well on NYC debut against the Storm

• This kinda exemplifies the problems with the salary cap, specifically the lack of support you get for developing your own players.
    Whilst he’s coming through our own system, he’s still attracting interest from all over the competition, and thus we’ll be drawn into a bidding war for our own player, developed wholly in house.
    What’s the point in building from within when you don’t get any financial benefit?

• This is all we need

Demps and Milky will have him in the backline for Round 10

As far as centres go , he doesn’t have to achieve much to become our best ever centre

We are drowning in hot prospects , how about someone come in and just tear the NRL apart ??

• From the brief glimpses I have seen of him he looks good, big, strong, decently quick, knows how to find the tryline. Given our lack of depth in the centres, he’s a good a prospect as any I have seen in the past few years, probably the best prospect since Lawrence.

• http://www.weststigers.com.au/news/2016/04/18/match_highlights_hol.html You can see him scoring one of the tries around the 1:20 mark.

Also did some good work in the Raiders game but the footage was zoomed out a lot from that match so you couldn’t see much…

• I’m not doubting the kid has talent , but before we look at bringing anymore talent into this side from NYC we need at least 4-5 experienced hard heads that can take control of games when things start to get hairy and we start nosediving uncontrollably in games

• Ive seen a bit of him, he is good. very good actually.

But far from the type that you will say he is definitely an NRL player. But also good enough that he might be!

Id be targeting the excess at Penrith at the moment for a centre. The will be releasing a couple o outside backs, possibly R Jennings, Id like him for sure. Brilliant work ethic and super talented.

• Pathway …Pathway …pathway the Tigers have to show there is a pathway to the top grade at present there is none and these young fellas are talking amongst themselves and what do you think they are saying …Get out of the Tigers as soon as possible no chance of playing NRL as park footballers get selected as there is a favourite system in play .The talented juniors will leave in there droves as this club is a joke.

• @Snake:

Pathway …Pathway …pathway the Tigers have to show there is a pathway to the top grade at present there is none and these young fellas are talking amongst themselves and what do you think they are saying …Get out of the Tigers as soon as possible no chance of playing NRL as park footballers get selected as there is a favourite system in play .The talented juniors will leave in there droves as this club is a joke.

Although only a couple of weeks ago JJ Felise was called up from NYC to the NRL. That’s some pathway, even a shortcut, bypassing the NSW Cup more or less. Shows there are opportunities for the top kids.

But then there are guys like Fine who’ll never get a chance. Still out of our 17 who played last weekend only 3 players weren’t juniors of the club (NYC or below). The fact that we promote too many locals is a problem. Some of them aren’t good enough, or at least not what the team needs right now.

• So have we tabled him a $600k contract?

Recent Topics